Sign in to follow this  

Lights stopped working ?

I was trying to install the competition rear brake light and plate holder and could not get the brake light to work when pulling the brake lever. I was trying different combo's of the black,red and yellow wires but nothing worked. I went to try again and none of the lights work.:)

What do I do?

Russ

I don't have a schematic or your bike-

The combo's attempt may have blown a fuse ( think you have more than 1 fuse in that bike)- find it and change-

How I install tail lights if I don't exactly know what wire is the tail and which is the stop is use a volt meter- the black should be negative- the red and yellow is possitive the yellow one I would guess would be the tail and the red the stop- but I would put a leed to the black wire and one to the red wire- should have power if not hit the brake switch Power now? if so that tells you if that is the brak or the tail wire. Just to check now try that with the yellow..

Connect to the light if the colors are different and you don't have instructions- then connect the blacks, and try the other two and see which one you like lighting up as the tail and the brake- brightest difference would be the one I would choose...

Hope this helps- though is general not specific to your bike