Sign in to follow this  

Front Suspension Question

Front end felt very rough today. Whenever I hit a root in the trail the front seemed to snap back quick and hard...hopped back at me.

Also riding through sandy whoops, the front again was snaping back hard and at times almost caused me to lose control, bike was hard to keep straight.

Is that an issue with rebound or compression. Would softening (turning out) the rebound on the forks solve this problem or something else?

Thanks.....

you have to turn in (clockwise) the rebound to get a slower rebound.

That would be the main action.

You also can try to go a little stiffer on the compression if possible.

That way the spring gets a little less compressed and thus develops less rebound force.

• Like 1

you have to turn in (clockwise) the rebound to get a slower rebound.

That would be the main action.

You also can try to go a little stiffer on the compression if possible.

That way the spring gets a little less compressed and thus develops less rebound force.

Going back to that area today with a screwdriver and make adjustments till I'm happy. Seemed it was rebounding to quickly as if it wasn't absorbing any of the force but channeling it back to me. Thanks....

Currently ride an 07 DRZ400S. The rebound is at 10 clicks out now as the compression is 6 clicks out.

If it felt OK before this particular ride, it could be that you have air built up in the forks that needs to be bled.

If it felt OK before this particular ride, it could be that you have air built up in the forks that needs to be bled.

Hadnt ridden this area before. Had a section of whoops that were more spaced out then whoops that I usually ride over.

Usually bleed the air screws as often as I can.

Those come woefully under-sprung at the forks...that's why you have to run the comp IN so far...they should come from the factory with .48 springs but come with .44's...

Those come woefully under-sprung at the forks...that's why you have to run the comp IN so far...they should come from the factory with .48 springs but come with .44's...

I resprung the front and rear suspension.

Front i put in a .50 spring and the rear a 6.0 spring.

Front i put in a .50 spring and the rear a 6.0 spring.

With such stiff springs you need a revalving on the rebound side at least.

imho it cannot be handled satisfactorily with just adjusting the clickers.