Sign in to follow this  

New KLX 110 w/ PC T-4

Hi All - I just got my daughter a new KLX 110 for her 9th birthday and put a PC T-4 pipe on it. The shop I bought it from said that they jetted it for altitude (Aspen, CO). However, it has a serious hesitation off the bottom and I am wondering how to fix that? Is that a fuel mixture issue? I haven't a clue with these little bikes. Any advice (specific) would be much appreciated.

Erik

Try monkeying with the air screw a bit. I've found that with a pipe, a 110 seems to like a cam too. They may have got the jetting wrong, too. --L*64

Can you describe to me where the air screw is?

turn the fuel screw all the way in and then back it out 1.5 turns. Thats a good starting point. Make slooow quarter turn increments.

the 2008 110s do not have the screw. only the idle. my suggestion is a new air filter and airbox removal bracket (two brothers sells it as a kit for about 40 bucks). and if your guy changed the pilot jet, change it back to stock... myself, and several buddies changed the mains and pilots with the same result. replace the stock pilot and go to an 85 for the main. its a good starting point at least.