Sign in to follow this  

Random idea. will it work?

I was sitting here and remembered painting my axle blocks and using dupli color wheel coating as a protective coating. And i just recently threw on a new set of plastics. I wonder if the wheel coating will add the glossier finish to the plastics while protecting them? any thoughts?????

I don't think that paint will be flexible enough for plastics. I've never seen any paint last more than a few motos on plastics.

they'll flex too much and crack the finish, use plastic polishes, there are alot of different,ones, any paint thing for plastic has special additives for flexing, pro body shop stuff.

Some auto paint suppliers can put their paint in a spray paint can. If you can get clear coat with a flex agent, it might work.

It won't work well on the tank seeing as the gas fumes will permeate through the tank and bubble the paint.

Steve

I was sitting here and remembered painting my axle blocks and using dupli color wheel coating as a protective coating. And i just recently threw on a new set of plastics. I wonder if the wheel coating will add the glossier finish to the plastics while protecting them? any thoughts?????

If you go to a grocery store and buy some of the floor wax for no wax floors it will work just fine. It does not last forever, but it does not flake off. Its a great way to shine up a bike for resale.