Sign in to follow this  

Will this work?!

I was sitting here and remembered painting my axle blocks and using dupli color wheel coating as a protective coating. And i just recently threw on a new set of plastics. I wonder if the wheel coating will add the glossier finish to the plastics while protecting them? any thoughts?????

try it on a old fender first it might melt or disfugure the plastic sence it was made for metal

try it on back side 1st. may flake off over time,or peel off if plastic gets bent.

It will look for for a few minutes. Once it gets some use it will look worse that trashed plastic. Pretty sure that stuff does not flex. Use plastic polish.

autogeek_2011_2767429

Rule of thumb: Metal conditioners on metal, plastic conditioners on plastic. Sometimes, crossing material conditioners will actually dull/distort the finish on the wrong material; could make your white plastics yellow or "rubbery/sticky".

Try putting a quarter-sized spot on the inside of one of the plastics, wait a couple of weeks and check to see if it gives the desired results.