Sign in to follow this  

Edelbrock Carb Question XR650R

Is there any tuning in or "jetting" required after you install a new Edelbrock carb for the XR650R?

Are the claimed performance gains worth the money?

User testimonials appreciated as well.

Thanks

I had to do a little tuning on mine. It was easy, I just opened the throlltle wide open (bike off) and adjusted a thumb screw on top of the carb. Others can explain this much better.

The stock carb on my pig was dialed in by XR's Only so it ran pretty good with the factory carb, I didn't notice a houge power gain in mine.

What was great about the carb for me was that it was much more responsive. No matter how quick or hard I bliped the throttleand the bike would never die. It also made the bike super easy to start. It didn't matter if the bike was red hot or stone cold it normaly started on the first kick every time. The factory carb punished me after a fall and mad the bike super hard to start. Having the bike on it's side never effected the Edlebrock, it all ways started easy with that carb.

The excellent throttle responce and ease of starting after a fall made the Edlebrock worth every penny for me, S/T.