Sign in to follow this  

2007 CRF 150 R No spark won't start

Ok so I go out to start my nephews 07 crf 150r no start, It has fuel the carb is perfect and never had any problems valves and engine everything has been cool.

Except now I am trying to test the CDI and the Stator but I do not know the test procedure or the rating of what the resistance should be on these two items, or am I starting up the wrong path?

Any input would be greatly appreciated I have since ordered the Honda Shop manual won't be in for 10 days.

Thanks

Cesar

Yes the bike has fuel the gas is on the air box is clean and clear

I just have no spark and wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue or have heard of anything related to a no spark concern

:)

If you need some drawings, go to the Service Honda website and follow the instructions on the screen. Here is a direct link:

http://www.servicehonda.com/test/index.htm

Once you proxy into their system ...

You can access all the diagrams on the 150R, wiring etc. Might help you out in the meantime until your service manual gets here. :)

If the plug is good the MOST probable cause of no spark is a bad ground at the coil. Remove the tank, look for a short wire from the coil to a round brass connector attached to one of the coil mounting bolts. Remove the bolt, clean the connector and reassemble.

If that dosn't work look for moisture in the flywheel conver area.

good luck

mcguyver the CRF150R is a wet stator there for there be no moisture in the flywheel.

It more likely to be the stator or the pulus generator has fail

But as mcguyver point out a bad ground to the coil or even the wiring or the coil it self or even TPS or the ICM box.

Best thing to do is to get a shop service manual there cheap on e-B-a-y that where I got mine at for $15 with s/h.