Sign in to follow this  

Tourge Wrenchs

Does anyone know the size of the tourge wrenchs I need?

My brother took my set up to college with him and I was hoping to pick up one or 2 that I need on my way home from work. I was thinking mostly the oil drain bolts and the case bolts as those are a every weekend kind of thing

thanks

The last craftsman torque wrench I bought broke and they wouldn't repair or replace it when I brought it back. I thought all craftsmen tools would be replaced or fixed if they failed. But for torque wrenches that was not the case. The point is make sure you buy a good quality tool that stands by there product before you buy one.

yea I went to home depot to pick one up - their maybe 100 yards from my work, and they only had huge ones, for like $80. just seemed high to me,

yea I went to home depot to pick one up - their maybe 100 yards from my work, and they only had huge ones, for like $80. just seemed high to me,

Thats cheap for a torque wrench! I paid almost 300$ for a digital 1/4 inch cornwell. It does read in inch and foot pounds though.

This is the only torque wrench you need along with a 3/8" to 1/4" adapter.

It will handle every bolt on you bike.

5 ft lbs (60 in lbs) to 80 ft lbs (960 in lbs)

Click Here....

I don't agree.

With most all torque wrenches, the bottom 20% and the top 20% will have more inaccuracy than the middle of the range. If you have a wrench that bottoms at 5 ft/lbs and you need 7 ft/lbs, you are in that bottom 20% of the range.

Better to use a small 1/4" in inch pounds for the small bolts so you are in the middle of the range.

Just my two cents...

Have built countless motors with this torque wrench, it is very accurate, never a stripped bolt or any other issues, it works great, and perfect for the garage mechanic that can't or doesn't want to go and buy 2 or three different torque wrenches.

Cali,

I'm glad you've have good luck with that wrench. I have one that I now use as a breaker bar because it's such a POS. You must have got a good one.:D

I'll stick with my 1/4" Bonney Utica and my 3/8" Proto.

You have a couple of real good wrenches, all I'm saying is that not everybody can afford $300+ torque wrenches and this wrench works for a decent price $135 :)

You need the 1/4 size for a CRF to do the valves. And the triple-clamp bolts are 15 and 17 ft-lbs. 1/4 " size handles the smaller bolts, that most people bust not knowing how tight they should be. Other bolts in patterns (for example tripleclamp) need proper torques so the suspension works properly.

1/4" 45-265 inch-lbs range or 4-22 ft-lbs range http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/show.lasso?sku=N23349

If you're in a tool-buying mood, then this one is next if you already have the 1/4".

3/8" 14 - 73 foot-lbs range http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/show.lasso?sku=N23351

1/2" is not much use on a CRF250 but good to have for the shop.....

1/2" 28-146 ft-lbs range http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/show.lasso?sku=N23353

Tom

WEll I can't afford much of any of the ones mentioned. I was able to pick one up for $25 at sears that is the old beam one. got it with a 3/8" to 1/4" adapter to last for now until I can afford a nicer one.

Being in college sucks

what size torque wrench should i get for doing like top ends and stuff, 1/4 or 3/8???