Sign in to follow this  

which tires for gmc safari?

hi guys,

i have a safari AWD van and i carry my kx on a hitch carrier. works a treat, even w/o suspension upgrades. however, the van had passenger tires when i bought it and i am getting tired of running flats on the forest roads. i sure wont start driving waaayyy slow to avoid that :)

so i'm in the market for some light truck tires, preferably 235/75/15, not gonna lift the thing just to fit some tires and i wanna use the stock wheels if possible... any recommendations on what to get? should be great on the highway and ok on dirt roads...

thanks!

I went with P245/70R15 on my Astro and haul my XR600R on a home built rack. Didn't think about going to an LT type tire. Have not had any tire overload problems.

hi guys,

i have a safari AWD van and i carry my kx on a hitch carrier. works a treat, even w/o suspension upgrades. however, the van had passenger tires when i bought it and i am getting tired of running flats on the forest roads. i sure wont start driving waaayyy slow to avoid that :)

so i'm in the market for some light truck tires, preferably 235/75/15, not gonna lift the thing just to fit some tires and i wanna use the stock wheels if possible... any recommendations on what to get? should be great on the highway and ok on dirt roads...

thanks!

Whatever you do, do all 4 tires at the same time-the AWD doesn't apprecciate different tire diameters.

i would definitely go with some bfg a/t's. they make a 235/75R15. we have had them on a few trucks and we actually got 65k miles on our last set and i'd say that we used them probably 80% street and 20% dirt. they have really good traction in sand, hard pack dirt, snow, wet, and regular dry conditions..and mud...we've used them in all haha. i'm not sure if there are any stipulations that go along with the awd though?

i would definitely go with some bfg a/t's. they make a 235/75R15. we have had them on a few trucks and we actually got 65k miles on our last set and i'd say that we used them probably 80% street and 20% dirt. they have really good traction in sand, hard pack dirt, snow, wet, and regular dry conditions..and mud...we've used them in all haha. i'm not sure if there are any stipulations that go along with the awd though?

+1, BFG all terrains are all i've run on my trucks (when i've had to buy tires) my last set i bought ran me about $600 for 30x9.50x15 at a discount tire, they also came with a 60,000 road hazard warranty and lifetime balance and rotate

(i abuse that one), and i think i paid a little more so in the case that one got shredded they didn't pro-rate them, they would just give me a new one,