Sign in to follow this  

trip to buffalo area-tracks?

i will be coming from charlotte, nc back to my hometown in buffalo the 3rd week\end in september. me and another are brinnging our bikes. I moved before I was heavy into MX so im not too familar with the tracks in the area. we have been offered a ride day at paul carpenter's\atomic test track. we also are going to area 51 because i have read so much about it. what is a good 3rd place that we can try to hit? big jumps, technical tracks, etc are what we are looking for. i ride A class and do testing for magazines so im not looking for 'billy's backyard super-cool dirt bike track'. looking for more of the elite tracks in the area. willing to drive within 2 hours of the buffalo area...all suggestions will be considered, and probably youtube'd for reference. links appreciated too.

mighty taco, teds hot dogs, beef on weck...oh man, i cant wait!

Contact Chris Moser at www.area51motocross.com You can get a temporary membership and ride there almost every day. It's wny's premire track that can't be missed.

The Atomic private track is siiiick with a capital sick! If you like wide open jumps, you will love this track. Jesse at On Track Creations really built an awesome track there.

If you are a racer, and will be up August 31st, you might want to think about racing at Area 51's Cam Am Air race. They are giving away so many prizes its crazy. They will have a practice that Saturday before the race.

3rd track, I would suggest palmyra or frozen ocean. I don't know if they have practice open, but it looks like you know "people" that might get you in.

Palmyra (hogback) is a pretty cool track but its private. You cant usually get in without a membership. Frozen Ocean I BELIEVE is open and you can practice there, but I would call to make sure. Also Silver Springs has a decent track I hear but I have never been there and not sure on its availability.