The EVS RC-Evolution has arrived!

We got our EVS neckbraces in on Tuesday. Since they were delivered to my dad's house today was the first opportunity for me to check it out. I will do some riding this weekend and give everyone a review. Not sure when they will get out to dealers, since EVS riders from my understanding are the first to get theirs. Hopefully they will be out to dealers soon! My first impression is that it is actually quite comfortable and I really like the design. No adjustments needed in order to wear a chestprotector. When my dad tried it on he wasn't sure if it would fit me. I am fairly stocky and weigh about 175lbs. The rep said their is a typo on the size chart. If you weigh over 180 you may want to get the XL. When I tried it on today it fit me pretty good, but if I was much bigger I would definitely want the XL. No pressure on the collarbone at all. My brother is about 155 and he said it fit him perfectly. Here are some pics I took today at lunch.

EVS3.jpg

EVS4.jpg

EVS1.jpg

EVS2.jpg

It has definitely taken awhile to get them delivered. I think you will be pleased when you finally get yours. Right now they are going to sponsored riders, then EVS dealers, and finally to your wholesale distributors. I was very pleased with the way it looked and felt. I can't wait to try it out this weekend. I'll give a full report on Monday.

is it just me....or does it seem that the front of that brace doesnt seem like it prevents your neck from going forward??? im kinda glad i just forked out the money for my leatt and didnt wait for the evs...what do i know though, it might work just as good or better...im looking forward for your review MxWFO! thanks

is it just me....or does it seem that the front of that brace doesnt seem like it prevents your neck from going forward??? im kinda glad i just forked out the money for my leatt and didnt wait for the evs...what do i know though, it might work just as good or better...im looking forward for your review MxWFO! thanks

My thoughts exactly plus the "stop" looks like their normal foam donut. Not much of a stop if you ask me.

My thoughts exactly plus the "stop" looks like their normal foam donut. Not much of a stop if you ask me.

First look and thats my visual opinion too. How did you get your chest protector on over it? With everything on can you roll over front and backwards on your head and feel it stop the over extension?

Hmmm, after waiting and waiting, I had decided to fork out the cash for the Leatt's (mine & sons) and I am glad I did. It looks so much better in the pictures but I am not sure. It does not looks like it sits correctly in the shoulder area. Thanks for posting, I really feel better now.

A couple questions...

How does it secure without a chest protector?

It doesn't look like it fits flushly on the shoulders. The curve looks like it would dig in if compressed hard.

It comes with straps that can be worn if you do not wear a chest protector. Similar to the LEATT straps. Like I said I'm pretty stocky, so between my traps and my chest size it sits on my shoulders, but not flush. On my brother they sit a lot more flush than on me. When pressed down, as if by impact, they do not dig into my chest. That was one thing I thought also, but the plastic is not so hard and stiff that it has no give.

In order to put your chest protector on all you do is put the EVS on and going from back to front slide the chest protector over your head. It went on very easily.

I haven't tried it with a helmet on yet, but I actually hope I still can tuck my chin somewhat. That was my biggest complaint about the LEATT. In my opinion by not allowing you to tuck your chin you eliminate the ability to tuck and roll. If your body can't diperse some of the impact by rolling you end up like a lawn dart and drive directly into the ground. Not good in my opinion. I am going riding Sunday, so I hope to have a better review next week.

After riding with it on Sunday I really like the EVS brace. It was comfortable and when I was riding I hardly even knew I was wearing it. I did notice it and could feel it sitting on my shoulders, but only when I was just cruising around and had time to think about it. I did the tuck and roll test and it passed with flying colors. For me that was a major concern. It did take a little getting used to, as far as having something around my neck. I liked how when my head was forward the brace stopped my chin from going too far forward and not the brace stopping helmet and not giving any support to my chin. I could still look around and had good mobility. Overall I feel it is well worth the $150 dollar retail price. I'm sure someone will be able to compare them with the LEATT later, but I have not ridden with a LEATT.

A couple questions...

How does it secure without a chest protector?

It doesn't look like it fits flushly on the shoulders. The curve looks like it would dig in if compressed hard.

I had a problem with it fitting flush on the shoulders. The problem with this design is that everyone has different size shoulders. I also didn't like how the very front of the curved design rests on your breastbone. It was uncomfortable and it runs a size smaller than you would normally wear.

It would definitely depend on the person wearing it, but I think it's a bad design when it only fits certain types of people.

I would rather wait for the $200.00 leatt Brace.