Sign in to follow this  

08' DRZ-SM jetting with basic mods?

I live in the Seattle, WA area and I am running an 08' DR400SM from sea level to about 1000ft. I currently have a full Yoshi rs-2 system (un-corked), with the 3x3 mod, and K&N filter. I have the Dynojet stage 2 jet kit, and kientech fuel screw from TT store. What do you guys recommend for jetting specs?

Ok, thanks! 22.5 Pilot is OEM correct? Clip #2 from top of needle? Sorry newbie!

Well actually live in Federal way, work in Kent. Just purchased a 08 S.

Thinking of just doing the 3x3 mod, K&N filter, jet(?) and kientech fuel screw. Can't afford the exhaust yet.

Can I just do the 3x3 mod and K&N filter untill jet or jet kit arrives?

Do I need to buy a complete jet kit, or can I just get individual jets and how often do these need to be changed?

I am also Sea level to 1500ft. 90% on road.

I was actually told by the Suzuki dealer that even with just a slip-on exhaust the DRZ needs to be re-jetted, let alone a K&N filter. I would imagine the 3x3 mod w/ a K&N would be no different. Check out

it gives step by step the 3x3 mod and do it yourself jetting. With this info I think it will be pretty easy for you to re-jet your bike; all you need is the proper jetting specs. Eddie Sisneros (aka burned) seems to be the expert at this. Thanks Eddie!

Just finished my 3x3 mod, K&N, full Yoshi RS-2, Dynojet stage 2 and Kientech fuel screw! She runs and sounds beautiful! Eddie is the man when it comes to jetting specs. I set my bike up just like he recommended and waalah...perfection!