Sign in to follow this  

Extended Fuel screw& Fcr qustion

New guy With an 07 SM Getting ready to install the TT FCRMX kit+ Yosh RS-2

I think Boston MA is at sea level so I will try those Guidelines.

#1 Do I need the Extended fuel screw thingy? If why

#2 Do I need to take the carb off the experiment with jetting Like my SV?

Wish me luck

The Extended fuel screw is optional, but "HIGHLY RECOMMENDED"(want to remove the carb to adjust the fuel screw every time?)

You may need to take the carb off to adjust the jetting. The NEEDLE "NO" Just loosen the clamps rotate the carb to the left(MUST REMOVE TANK & SEAT THOUGH) Main Jet & Pilot jet you may have to remove the carb(Unbolt the Regulator Thingy that sits above the Front CS-Carb will go in & out easily) REMEMBER DO NOT REMOVE THE SLIDE UNLESS YOU HAVE TOO. In this case replace the needle to the EMN 3rd Clip, leave the 160 Main, turn the Fuel Screw 2 Turns Out, leave the 45 Pilot in & remove the Air Jet prior to bolting the Bell Housing on the back of the carb body. Let us know how the install went & if any problems POST IN JETTING....

You should get the screw, otherwise you will be very frustrated trying to adjust the stocker. Get the Merge Racing one, from the TT store.

No, all jetting changes can be done with the carb on. needle from the top (ball end drivers make it a snap) and through the cap on the bottom of the carb (access the pilot and main.)

Listen to William1 about the screw. It's worth $20, believe me.

As for jetting with the carb on the bike, I'm doubtful anyone but a pro could do it. I sure wouldn't bother trying. You can't see the jets at all.

Listen to William1 about the screw. It's worth $20, believe me.

As for jetting with the carb on the bike, I'm doubtful anyone but a pro could do it. I sure wouldn't bother trying. You can't see the jets at all.

Isn't just removing the bowl on the bottom of carb ,and change the mj?

Not even the bowl. The FCR's have a cap in the bottom. Though it, you can access the main jet and pilot jet. Main jet is easy with a midget rachet and socket, the pilot is a little tricky. Three things I use to do this. A small mirror, a little flashlight and the Motion Pro 90 degree tool. LOL, I am sure Eddie just uses the tool. It is a little tricky but certainly doable. After you have done it a few times, the main can be changed in seconds, the pilot, about one minute. I suggest putting a white shop rag/paper towel under the carb as I am sure the first few times, the pilot fill fall out.