Sign in to follow this  

knight wins in Mexico!

DAVID KNIGHT WINS IN MEXICO

http://www.ktm.com/6619.0.html?nodeID=104458&cHash=b42f9d5012

Tim their is no way I can pass this up. David Knight wins in his first race in Mexico, the fun enduro. Can I say I told you so?:D Maybe its not Baja but it is a excellent opportunity rub it in in a purely non confrontational, kinder, gentler Baja forum sorta way. :)

Gary

ps There is no truth to the rumor that he was in Mexico preparing for a Baja 1k run teaming up with a team O'neal cast off.

Fun Enduro is a nice race but nothing close to Baja. Other than that he was only racing against 3 other pro riders, Nathan Kanney, Bartosz Oblucki and Iván Cervantes. And a local guy who finish second Homero Díaz. I realy don't know if they had some other racers at that level.

But the race was better in past years with more pro riders and more difficult trails.

I realy don't see knight racing soon in Baja. KTM has a particular way of doing things with their teams.

The Team KTM in Baja is getting there, just need more experience and better lines.

Fun Enduro is a nice race but nothing close to Baja. Other than that he was only racing against 3 other pro riders, Nathan Kanney, Bartosz Oblucki and Iván Cervantes. And a local guy who finish second Homero Díaz. I realy don't know if they had some other racers at that level.

But the race was better in past years with more pro riders and more difficult trails.

I realy don't see knight racing soon in Baja. KTM has a particular way of doing things with their teams.

The Team KTM in Baja is getting there, just need more experience and better lines.

Yea I know but it was just to good to pass up.

gary

I'll submit that D. Knight will get asked to ride for KTM in Baja

At least by 2009 B1000.

Isn't it great that opposing views can be posted here without fear of retalliation....???

Are you getting redy for a honda take 4 part or what???

They have already a good team, Bad stuff that Blais got injured since he was the leader of the team.

Now for next 1000 you have realy good options on KTM Same team than last year plus experience, and maybe Kamo on the team. It will be interesting to see. If they get smart and follow the honda guys on prerunning it will even get better since they will see the lines.

I'll submit that D. Knight will get asked to ride for KTM in Baja

At least by 2009 B1000.

Isn't it great that opposing views can be posted here without fear of retalliation....???

Scotty, I will say it again, it is just a rumor that he will be on my team. I told you to keep that quit! Wait a minute, I'm not riding a KTM...never mind.

Gary

And they are already good at losing the Rally Tracker... oh wait, they aren't using the Rally Crapper anymore. :) ... now what'll they do?!

Wrap it (the IRC) in Alum.Foil?! :ride:

About those "lines"... whatever happened to the SF250 issue?! :worthy: Ohhh... that's right.... nothing. :D

Talking about SCORE did everyone that won on the Baja 1000 last year got their right payment ???? Or are they still waiting for that extra check???

:) [The Team KTM in Baja is getting there, just need more experience and better lines.

do most of you live in the dark ages ??? Team KTM has dropped there entire Baja team Effort. they are done, kaput, No Longer.

DAVID KNIGHT WINS IN MEXICO

Nice one Gary!

The FunDuro looks incredible. It's supposed to be a WEC round for '09. Myself and a couple others have been talking about going down to spectate next year, that would be really cool.

do most of you live in the dark ages ??? Team KTM has dropped there entire Baja team Effort. they are done, kaput, No Longer
Too true. (SM, check your PM)

Count me in to go a spectate next year. Im always game to go to Mexico.

FYI Homero Diaz has raced in the WEC as "guest member" of the factory Farioli KTM squad, he is a no slouch enduro racer.

also fuel for your big Dave file,,,,,,no contract yet with KTM for 09,,,,,,,and BMW has just a little cash in bank for a headliner on their 450x enduro program,

the new machine is pretty good (enduro) with Smets helping development as well. Sorry this is not Baja news just that big Dave was mentioned to wind everyone up.

IMHO world wide sales especially for euro brands are more based upon WEC and MXGP results,,,,when they start the podium climb in AMA MX their sales will pick up here, I think KTM has seen Baja as target that the roi is so so for amount of risk involved,,, they are doing so well in the enduro arena and MX area, they need not compete in a one brand race. PS now to really wind y-all up,,, the 09 HUSHY TC250 is on the way hopefully homologated for AMA MX, with the right rider should be be pretty good with a dry weight of 202....all food for thought,,,,,this place is fun,,,,R

FYI Homero Diaz has raced in the WEC as "guest member" of the factory Farioli KTM squad, he is a no slouch enduro racer.

also fuel for your big Dave file,,,,,,no contract yet with KTM for 09,,,,,,,and BMW has just a little cash in bank for a headliner on their 450x enduro program,

the new machine is pretty good (enduro) with Smets helping development as well. Sorry this is not Baja news just that big Dave was mentioned to wind everyone up.

IMHO world wide sales especially for euro brands are more based upon WEC and MXGP results,,,,when they start the podium climb in AMA MX their sales will pick up here, I think KTM has seen Baja as target that the roi is so so for amount of risk involved,,, they are doing so well in the enduro arena and MX area, they need not compete in a one brand race. PS now to really wind y-all up,,, the 09 HUSHY TC250 is on the way hopefully homologated for AMA MX, with the right rider should be be pretty good with a dry weight of 202....all food for thought,,,,,this place is fun,,,,R

I am really curious where big Dave will land. It could be BMW but the history of companies trying to develop a competitive off road bike from scratch has not been very good. Not sure if the big guy would be willing to take the risk even for alot of money.

I will also make one more prediction. Curt Caselli will struggle his first full year in the gncc's. It should be interesting.

Gary