Sign in to follow this  

Flag Mount

Does anybody know where i can get a flag mount for my crf250r that is near seattle washington or northbend oregon ( going to the dunes down there)

i cant find them anywhere.

Bike shops should have them, there is a Yamaha store in North Bend that would most likely have some.

I made my own out of a piece of angle iron. Drilled a hole for the axel and a hole for the flag. I will see if I can get a picture of it up; its not fancy but it held the flag.

• Like 1

I had issues with my internet conection last night....damn DSL anyway!

Here are a couple pics, they don't show it on the bike but you get the idea.

flag1.jpg

flag2.jpg

Not on the bike but here is how you would mount it if it were on the inside of the nut.

flag.jpg

Here is one when it was mounted on my 450....heehee, you can't see the mount though.

EricBerm2.jpg

Oh....here is one, maybe you can see this one.

EricJump.jpg

... and my usual method - drill a hole in the middle of the top of the fender behind the seat... (ya its ghetto, but i always forget to build a real flag mount). I think all of my bikes have holes in the fender right now :)

The 3" metal thing is a spring... - i was breaking flags a lot until I started buying the ones with the springs. You don't even notice the flag while riding. Be sure to use fender washers (3") to spread the load, or you'll break your plastic.

BF1.jpg

Theres a nice fender/seat flag mount you can get,pretty spendy (30.00)though but saves the life of the flag a bit more than an axle mount and zip-tye to your fender. It fastens to the rear seat bolt and bolts to your fender.

Theres a nice fender/seat flag mount you can get,pretty spendy (30.00)though but saves the life of the flag a bit more than an axle mount and zip-tye to your fender. It fastens to the rear seat bolt and bolts to your fender.

I tried to build one of those too, and can't remember why I never used it. I think the flag was hitting me or something, but not sure.

I would buy the style that cummins showed in the pics. my buddy bought a different/newer type style of flag holder and it kept breaking his flags off. pretty much any bike shop will sell them or you can find them at the TT Store.