Sign in to follow this  

Coming from a ktm

Hi Guys. Im coming over here from ktm forums. Just sold my 450exc because I wanted more of a duel sport. Im not looking for the 250r to be a woods racer like my 2008 ktm 300xcw. Just wondering how I can increase th low end of this bike without costing a fortune. I would have kept my 450exc if I knew I had to spend 1500 dollars to make this bike a decent off road bike. I love it on the road. But off road it lacks. Where are you guys finding sprockets, and aftermarket parts? Any help would be appreicated.

Welcome first off, and secondly you wouldnt have to spend quite that much,

these are the offroad must haves for this bike (imo), the rest are up to you

FMF pipe = $300

FMF tuner = $250

12t sprocket = $15 - $30

Tires (kenda760) = $96

$661.00 so by the time you pay shipping (and tax if you have to)

still less than $700

Also the airbox and ais etc.... are pretty much free mods, just time consuming.

The sprocket for the 2008 WR-250F fits. I ordered one for mine about a month ago. The brand name is Primary Drive. You can Google them. They make these sprockets in 42, 48,50,52 & I think a 54 or 56. Bolts right up, no probs, but to get enough bottom end on the WR you might need an 80 tooth.

:):D

The sprocket for the 2008 WR-250F fits. I ordered one for mine about a month ago. The brand name is Primary Drive. You can Google them. They make these sprockets in 42, 48,50,52 & I think a 54 or 56. Bolts right up, no probs, but to get enough bottom end on the WR you might need an 80 tooth.

LOL.:worthy: