Sign in to follow this  

2006 KTM 250SX-F Questions

Just picked up a 2006 KTM 250SXF yesterday for a great price. It has low hours and looks barely used.

What are some things i should watch out for with this bike? Any problems?

I woods ride mostly, i would have went for a model designed for the woods, but i just couldnt pass up the deal i got.

So what will turn my bike into a woods machine. I ride at a fast pace when i'm with my friends, but when i'm following the family i just putt putt.

Right now it looks like i need:

Bark Busters

FWW

Possibly an 18inch rim....i miss my trials tire dearly.

Lower Gearing

Possibly a HT Racing header to move the power for more low end.

Let me hear everyone's opinions!

Is the little red lever above to clutch a hot start, or a compression release?

Any secret starting techniques? It can be a bear to start when i stall when it's hot. I'm thinking that could be jetting? What jets and needle do i need to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Josh

I'm also having a little stutter when the bike it putting and i'm following the fam around. Runs great everywhere else. Idles great. Just the first 1/16 of the throttle is a little stuttery. Jetting? Valves? Spark plug?

What could this be? If i am putting around and twist the throttle it bogs, if i twist it a few times repeatly, the bike will die.

Whats my problem here fellas?

something else to look for would be rad braces. post some pics up to!

as for the starting hot thing- the lever above the clutch is a hot start lever, pull it in when starting hot. as for it not wanting to start, its a 4t, its going to be hard to start when its how.

second problem with the bog- might me the accelerator pump, no idea how to fix it. might also be that it need rebuilt :) thats what my CRF did before i rebuilt it, now its good. also check the spark plug, could be worn out, check the valves well you got the tank off.

On my 06, the stock jetting was somewhere between bad and horrible on the bottom end. I used a JD jet kit with the Honda pump diaphram and a leak jet and it was a lot better. The bike still had a lazy spot in the powerband between 6500 and 7000rpm's especially with a Q muffler that went away when I tried an XCF exhaust cam. This year we installed a Thumper racing 290 kit and now I love the motor in the woods.

I'm also having a little stutter when the bike it putting and i'm following the fam around. Runs great everywhere else. Idles great. Just the first 1/16 of the throttle is a little stuttery. Jetting? Valves? Spark plug?

What could this be? If i am putting around and twist the throttle it bogs, if i twist it a few times repeatly, the bike will die.

Whats my problem here fellas?

If you take your a.p. cover off and twist your throttle. You will notice a little black hand that moves slower than your throttle. If you wire tie that together it will get rid of the low end bog, or you can send it out to Ktm Munn and spend 85 dollars for them to do that same thing.