Sign in to follow this  

thinkin about buyin a 03 450

Is there anythingi should look for with these years?? its got 20 hours on the motor and trans, rev lock.. etc.. thanks!

its got like 20 hours on the motor with reciept so it should be dec im goin to look at it tomarrow

well in canada these things are gold.. lol he wants 3000...got it for 2800.. sold my 01 426 for 2800.... soo pretty much traded

My 03 has +100 engine hours, still never shimmed the valves. Great bike, take care of it and it will return the favor.

took alook at it 2night.. dang..what a bike.. the rev loc is going to tak e awhile to get used too lol... if all goes well ill have it toamrrow

My 03 has +100 engine hours, still never shimmed the valves. Great bike, take care of it and it will return the favor.

+1. my 03 has an estimated 60 hours on it with 35 coming from me. Valves clearances are still dead on. Change that oil often and keep that filter clean! :)

well in canada these things are gold.. lol he wants 3000...got it for 2800.. sold my 01 426 for 2800.... soo pretty much traded

nice upgrade!

How do you guys have such low hours on these bikes? Do you never ride? I had my YZ250 for a year and put over 200 hours on it.... Havn't gotten around to absuing the CRF yet tho, but I can see a similar future...

How do you guys have such low hours on these bikes? Do you never ride? I had my YZ250 for a year and put over 200 hours on it.... Havn't gotten around to absuing the CRF yet tho, but I can see a similar future...

this is the first season I've had mine. Previous owner barely rode.

Still, 20 hours? Thats NOT riding at all, its one weekend! I'm taking my CRF out for the first time this wednesday and/or thursday, and sure as hell hope to put at least 20 hours on it.... :) Monkeybutt?

ok.. well im prolly going to pick it up now if all goes well... what maintnence and shit do i need to accomplish over my 01 426 ... how much oil does it hold etc

You don't have an engine time meter...BTW, a "day" of riding is not 8 engine hours :):D

You don't have an engine time meter...BTW, a "day" of riding is not 8 engine hours :):D

1 track day at the practice tracks usually eats up 5-6 hours for me (not including sittin on the truck gate)

i get very low hours...ride maybe twice or 3 times a monmth at the most...adn when i ride its usually camping..so fishing..beer drinkin...lots of stuff todo lol

I bought my '03 brand new and love it! At least 200+ hours, I lost track years ago. Even sat for 14 months when I moved and fired up on the 3rd kick. Only maintenance I have done is routine...oils, filters, etc.

Have fun!