Sign in to follow this  

08 YZ250 Vs 07 CRF250X

Hey everyone

Im sure theres been lots of "Whos is faster" threads, and yes i did do a search.

My friend whos got a stock 07 CRF250X claims he could smoke my YZ no problem in a dragrace. Hes so sure, he wants to put a 100$ bet on it. Im pretty sure I have the upper hand, but I wanna get some confirmation. I could use a 100 bucks :) Any thought??? :D

• Like 1

Here are my thoughts:

1) drag races are stupid.

2) your friend is stupider.

3) unless he is a MUCH better rider than you, a yz250 will absolutely destroy a 250f in a drag race.

that should be the easiest hundred bucks you'll ever make. get it on video so we can all see how many bike lengths you beat him by

• Like 1

heh 100 bucks here I come. And to llamaface, I agree drag races are stupid, they dont really prove anything except the speed of the bike. Hes just really cocky, cant wait too see the look on his face when I win :)

Are you crazy? Don't bet him $100, bet him at least $250!

• Like 1

I imagine the x has some mods....like exhaust, and R cam??? The x has a wide ratio gear box that might help him in the long run, but in all honesty you should smoke him.

I was at the track the other day with my 250x and there is a portion of the track that goes up a large hill. Anyway, I got into a drag race with a stock 250R up the hill and he walked me even with my mods. So I say he has no shot. There probably is also a 5hp difference

• Like 1

Try and get him to bet more! Your YZ will win hands down.

• Like 1

I lined em' up with a cr250 just for fun in a field while taking a break from the trails, and got my ass handed to me.

As everyone should know, the Two Stroke 250 is the next step after the 250F before the 450F. You'll smoke him as much as I hate to admit it. :)

I had my neighbor kid say his cr 85 would smoke my CRF250X any day, what a dumby, right?

Hey everyone

Im sure theres been lots of "Whos is faster" threads, and yes i did do a search.

My friend whos got a stock 07 CRF250X claims he could smoke my YZ no problem in a dragrace. Hes so sure, he wants to put a 100$ bet on it. Im pretty sure I have the upper hand, but I wanna get some confirmation. I could use a 100 bucks :) Any thought??? :D

Are your bikes titled? If so, ask him to drag race you title for title. When it's all said and done you will own an '08 YZ250 and an '07 CRF250X for trail riding!!! :worthy: Seriously though, I'm not into the drag racing thing at all myself. However, if this event indeed has to take place you should blow the dude completely into the weeds unless you crash, foul a plug, or develop a case of amnesia and totally forget how to ride your YZ.

I imagine the x has some mods....like exhaust, and R cam??? The x has a wide ratio gear box that might help him in the long run, but in all honesty you should smoke him.

I was at the track the other day with my 250x and there is a portion of the track that goes up a large hill. Anyway, I got into a drag race with a stock 250R up the hill and he walked me even with my mods. So I say he has no shot. There probably is also a 5hp difference

More like a 10hp difference

Yea I would say in a short race maybe up to like 60 you would win hands down but I bet the top speed on his is faster than yours.

Quarter mile- Easy $100

Mile- Your screwed, he has a long ratio gear box

Get him to do a short race and just lay waste to him. You have so much more pull then he does.

I'll try and get my camera out and charged up for when we do this, ill just set it down on the 'finish line'. Hopefully, it will be happening this weekend. Ill keep everyone updated.

I just did a quick search - Found out the CRF tops out around 68mph. From what I've read, the YZ tops out around 70-72. Think I could take him in a mile???

You have to tape this one.

You should win by what 60 feet?

We should do a guess off and see who wins. I say 60 feet.