Sign in to follow this  

Will A 2000 Drz 400 E Model Stator Work With A 2006 Sm

Think I Blew My Stator I Am Gonna Buy A 2000 Drz E Model Use The Stator If It Fits Also Does Is It Worth Me Doin A 470 Kit On The E Model Motor Instead Of My 06 Sm Motor,,please Give Me Some Ideas>??

e stator dosen't put out enough wattage compaired to the s/sm stator so no it won't work

opps my bad.i was thinking the e model only put out 150 watts but its is only the k model that does that so e/s/sm stators all put out the same watts(200)it will work

Things to think about is the condition of the parts on the E engine that you will be re-using. If you think the trans, clutch and bearings are in good shape, then use it. Then down time is merely a engine swap. If you think the E engine is tired, perhaps the right thing to do is send the head and barrel to Eddie. Have him do the valves on it, port if you plan to use a FCR 41, get teh M/T big bore, clearance the piston and supply you with a spacer. If he gets you the RHC 187 cams, he can pre-degree them for you too. Then, once those parts are back in your hands, pull the SM engine, split the cases, drop in the stroker, button it up and go. Down time should only be a few days at worse.

And yes, the E stator is the same as the SM one, in fact, that is what I am currently (pun intended) running.