Sign in to follow this  

Polisport black rear fender still available!!!

You can buy the Maier MX style rear fender in black from Maiers web site or from A-Loop for around $50 bucks.

The hard part to get is Black side panels for the XR4 or XR2.5.

BTW I have a VG set available in black....

I was really worried after searching through all of the pics and reviews that it was really discontinued. From all of the posts I read I was expecting a call from the dealer say it was a no go. I knew of the Maier fender however really liked the Polisport version and how straight and flat it was. Plus the price was right on at $29.56 Canadian. :)

I thought so , I bought the 00 Red one for my XR but the red is not the same color as my 01 XR400R.

I may buy the front fender to match the rear one and a white tank , that way I'll have a set of plastic , it will be like having 2 bikes...:)

Yes from here... http://www.importationsthibault.com/2008/moto08_page.php?langue=en&page=45&ac=1

I'm not trying to advertise however if a moderator has any problems with this post please delete it...

buying parts in canada? that sounds like a foreign concept to me!

do you have pics of the fender on the bike? mine is cracking in a few places, and at $26 I'd keep a spare on hand while it's available.

what was shipping cost like?

buying parts in canada? that sounds like a foreign concept to me!

do you have pics of the fender on the bike? mine is cracking in a few places, and at $26 I'd keep a spare on hand while it's available.

what was shipping cost like?

I'm install it today so I'll try to post some pics a bit later. Shipping costs can be figured out through this link... http://www.canadapost.ca/Personal/Tools/RC/Canada.aspx

I decided to go with a CRF front XR Polisport rear in black to break up all of the red since my new Clarke tank will not have any graphics. Tank graphics are a waste of money.

bike looks badass. where'd you get those brush guards? dig the mirrors on those. i have a plated xr400 in CA and those would work great here.

bike looks badass. where'd you get those brush guards? dig the mirrors on those. i have a plated xr400 in CA and those would work great here.

Thanks alot!!! The guards are made by Powermadd. http://www.powermadd.com/products/starserieshandguard.html

The mirrors are listed in the options as well as the extenders which I have for the colder months. I have to say it's the best set-up I had yet. Even without the wrap arounds to attach them to the ends of the bars there is little to no vibration in the mirrors. The mirrors are convex and set at an angle so to adjust them you turn them. http://www.powermadd.com/products/starseriesmirror.html

Simple set up and it works great.

well i seem to crash quite a bit so that probably wouldn't be a good idea.

how about the frame guards, where are those from? i've been having a hard time find a good set for my 400.

well i seem to crash quite a bit so that probably wouldn't be a good idea.

how about the frame guards, where are those from? i've been having a hard time find a good set for my 400.

Frame guards are also from Polisport. You can get them in white too. For crashers I unfortunately cannot remember the name of the company but there is a barkbuster set-up with integrated flip up mirrors out there. Very clean and well built....