Sign in to follow this  

Trail Tech X2 Headlight

Motorsportz has X2 Headlights on their website, Has anyone tried these out? They look like a nice unit. Hopefully we will get a review of one on a TXC (ride)!

I'm sure Motorsportz is busy with the release of the IMS tanks right now but I look foward to some info on this light in the future. TW

Ok, Trail tech says you can get 30 or 40 watt bulbs for either light, With a DC conversion. Limited introductory offer of $250 retailing around $300. TE should come stock with this unit since they are street legal.

I have seen them in person. They are awesome flamethrowers. There is 2 versions HID and halogen. The HID is about 4x the cost of the halogen but WAY brighter. Unfortunately none are DOT. I plan to run one on my TE/SM610 anyway.

I've got two TrailTech HIDs sitting here waiting to go on my TE but no one seems to know the output of the stator on the 08??? I've been on the phone with TrailTech's techs several times and they usually have this info for most bikes, but no go on the new 08 TE..

These would be tremendous to have piercing the dark but can the stock system handle the draw?

I've got two TrailTech HIDs sitting here waiting to go on my TE but no one seems to know the output of the stator on the 08??? I've been on the phone with TrailTech's techs several times and they usually have this info for most bikes, but no go on the new 08 TE..

These would be tremendous to have piercing the dark but can the stock system handle the draw?

According to this post;

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=652948

the 2008 TE's have 320 watt stators.:) Ken

Just installed the halogen version of the Trail Tech X2 light on my 08 TE510.

I will update how it works as soon as I get some night riding in.

100_0569.jpg

The X2 halogen is about 2x as bright as the stock light and much better pattern. The X2 HID is about 4x brighter than stock and a flamethrower. I can do 70+ on my 610 and still have plenty of light with the HID. BTW, theses are not DOT approved and the light pattern is not great for road use. I modify the pattern with a sticker (on the cover) for night street use.

370974146_K5aYn-L.jpg

I saw somthing simular to the x-treme race light. but it had four lights. My AA friend used one for a 24 hour race and was impressed. Ride, since you have one posted; installed, is the kit complete and ready to install ?

The Halogen is less than $80 delivered. Quality construction, easy to hook up, 20X better than stock. This is the best headlight, at the craziest best price, available. Just get the bloody thing.

I have not seen the HID, but I really can not imagine 4x the light of the halogen - Christ this thing lights up the moon.

But the Husq graphics do suck, in a special 80's kinda way - get the plain white or black version...

I have not seen the HID, but I really can not imagine 4x the light of the halogen - Christ this thing lights up the moon.

I have both, the HID is much brighter. I was blinding people during the day yesterday. :bonk: Both the halogen and HID are excellent but the HID is way brighter.

This light throws twices much light as the stocker. It is well worth the purchase price. I really don`t think there will be a problem getting pulled over

for this light either.

100_0569.jpg

Ride, can you post a pic of your light with stickers front view? Thanks.

Did your halogen X2 plug in where stock one was plugged in at? Did you have to upgrade the stator?

Anyone have the HID version on their 08 TE 450/510? If so, did you have to upgrade the stator?

This light throws twices much light as the stocker. It is well worth the purchase price. I really don`t think there will be a problem getting pulled over

for this light either.

100_0569.jpg

I soldered the X2 plug that came with the light onto the harness. The stock stator handles it fine, no dimming or draining of battery. I don`t know about the HID.

hey all, it'z so cold I havn't even seen the headlight yet, sub zero. I used blade type connectors and made a jack to use the factory headlight jack. if I hard wire low to hi wont hi be on all the time. I brought the bike into the house to work on it, for some reason I like to solder on the stove. always a great place to hang / wheel up

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq197/hondakid101/SMR0112002.jpg

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq197/hondakid101/SMR0117012.jpg

it's the halogen, I can't wait to see it tonight. i'll upgrade to the hid if i think it needs more. there's enough bikes for it to trickle down to around here.

Just installed the halogen version of the Trail Tech X2 light on my 08 TE510.

I will update how it works as soon as I get some night riding in.

100_0569.jpg

How many wires come out of both bulbs, and do you have a pic of the back? tryin to see how I can wire up my DRZ with this headlight