Sign in to follow this  

YZ vs KTM post. Why did it get shut down?

It actually got back ON topic and then it was closed. ***!?!?!?

The only reason I'm upset is because Dtkiko has used that damn kool aid pic a hundred times and never gave me any good gas for bringing it. Blasphemy!!!!!

• Like 1

I'd give you gas for bringing the Kool Aid but now I don't have any either (gas). In fact, this new user account doesn't even give me the fuel can to give gas to others.:)

It was getting back on topic. It strayed HEAVILY once we got away from the TOPIC which was 250SX vs. YZ250 in the woods not XC-W XC or EXC.:D

• Like 1

Wow, they shut it down on both sides.

One of the KTM dudes went over and started the "same" thread to get support form his fellow KTMers and its now pulled a Houdini (For good reason).

Confusing, much? (Except there was some real crap in there. Maybe if the thread was started over and stayed on track this time, it wouldn't get shut down. Just a thought...)

-iRock

I'd give you gas for bringing the Kool Aid but now I don't have any either (gas). In fact, this new user account doesn't even give me the fuel can to give gas to others.:)

It was getting back on topic. It strayed HEAVILY once we got away from the TOPIC which was 250SX vs. YZ250 in the woods not XC-W XC or EXC.:worthy:

I got your back man! I gave you some of that good 110 octane leaded that you love.

I know that post strayed far, but it never got too ugly. And it actually got back on topic. We need a ThumerTalk 2.....Uncensored.

Thx for the gas! I'm still waiting for that Mattawa invite. :D

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for that Mattawa invite. :)

Maybe it was Bikedude I'm waiting for the invite from. I've got too much malted barley clogging my memory receptors.

We need to do a NW TT day. Actually, we need 2.

One in WA and one in OR. I need some new shit to ride.

I got your back man! I gave you some of that good 110 octane leaded that you love.

I know that post strayed far, but it never got too ugly. And it actually got back on topic. We need a ThumerTalk 2.....Uncensored.

Thx for the gas! I'm still waiting for that Mattawa invite. :)

Holy Moly would Mattawa be a little warm right now or what??:D

That'll be a winter/early spring ride. I got both Devil's Gulch and Greenwater on the mind still for this summer/fall before the snow flies. Sounds like you already met Bikedude in Eddieville.

I agree, it didn't get even that ugly this time. Now I wish I had an exclusive elitist KTM talk user account to pry into their whimsical knowledge of all things YZ.

To get back on the topic, there are more yz's being used in the woods than sx's for good reason. It was kind of an interesting topic, even though they are both mx bikes it seems history will tell you that this comparison was apples to oranges.......but maybe not, I only know what I know. I know I am a hell of a lot better on my yz250 than my buddy is on his on his 200exc, but that is rider vs. rider. It is unlikely that a fair shootout with comparably skilled riders would happen, but the results would be interesting!

Holy Moly would Mattawa be a little warm right now or what??:D

That'll be a winter/early spring ride. I got both Devil's Gulch and Greenwater on the mind still for this summer/fall before the snow flies. Sounds like you already met Bikedude in Eddieville.

I agree, it didn't get even that ugly this time. Now I wish I had an exclusive elitist KTM talk user account to pry into their whimsical knowledge of all things YZ.

Devil's Gulch is cookin' right now too! G-P is the way to go right now! Rode there three days in a row last weekend...was even joined by a certain Team Green WORCS racer on Monday. :)

Holy Moly would Mattawa be a little warm right now or what??:)

Portland is 100 right now and I'm sure the desert is roasting.

I can wait til fall! I'm down.

You ever ride around Bend? Is it high dez riding like that?

this comparison was apples to oranges.......

It's a tough comparison, especially when KTM makes multiple off road spec machines. No need for an off roader to buy a MX bike and convert. This topic would've been better had it been about the sx vs yz on an mx track.

It actually got back ON topic and then it was closed. ***!?!?!?

The only reason I'm upset is because Dtkiko has used that damn kool aid pic a hundred times and never gave me any good gas for bringing it. Blasphemy!!!!!

haha! sowee 'bout that, pin! i overlooked the duty of givin' credits for too much excitement :D ... anyway, thanks for bringin that kool-aid thing and a pleasant day to you :banghead:

dang! why did they close the thread so soon.... worse, at the time i was fast asleep?!!! :worthy:

....we could have hit them orange kool-aid boys much harder like a YZ250 stomping the 3rd-rate 250 "too-slow" SX while they kept piling up haha!!! :):ride:

So my big elaborate scheme of getting gas has worked. Gas back atcha and my name finally restored.:) Sorry for the confusion.:D

The thread attracted enough attention that we had new people signing up for TT, going to the racist card, and stirring up trouble. Do you believe that? A conversation about Motorcycles turns into the OJ case. I dont know if thats a statement or question.

Bans were swift and permanent.

I dont know if this forum is the place for those types of questions. Obviously, the KTM vs Yamaha part is no problem. There should be no reason people cannot talk about that. There will always be some idiot who takes the comments personally, feels as if they represent the mentioned companies, and gets personal.

The regular people here were great. No problems.

• Like 1

The thread here got way worse then the one over there haha. The one on the other site was only 2 pages and only 2 people going back and forth but they stayed civil and joked with each other. This one got crazy quickly. Some people obviously type before they think. People show their true inexperience when they make comments like "bike A will always beat bike B" So I guess if I am on bike A I will smoke David Knight because he is on bike B? I own a YZ and an SX and they both have their own strong points.

....The thread attracted enough attention that we had new people signing up for TT, going to the racist card, and stirring up trouble. Do you believe that? A conversation about Motorcycles turns into the OJ case. I dont know if thats a statement or question.

Bans were swift and permanent....

what racism, RC? didn't see any posts to that effect apart, maybe, from the "troll spray" of "topnotch" chickenhauler... but really, that is nothing. remember, i even posted in advance begging you not to close it prematurely, as i'm already getting the feeling of it.

...or referring to them as "orange kool-aid boyz", is that racist at all? haha! :worthy::ride:

...There will always be some idiot who takes the comments personally, feels as if they represent the mentioned companies, and gets personal....

am i guilty of this? ahihi :)

p.s.

just received two (2) PMs from 2 different individuals askin' me about the quality of pics on the YZ, and the bike's appropriateness in the technical trails... shall i tell him to put on a DEP combo, no flyweight, lean out the jetting, and always at WOT especially in tricky situations for him to see how appropriate it is... haha! :D:banghead:

Kiko, your ok. You never crossed the line. I stopped home at about noon and found the racist stuff. I deleted it then. It did not stay up for long, but it was there.

I missed the racist stuff too. I can see why it got nuked now.

It's funny to see grown men revert back to infancy when their favorite bike is being challenged. And that comment goes both ways!

Thx for the gas boys!

We need a ThumerTalk 2.....Uncensored.

nah, then it would all be childish crap. instead of:

"your bike sucks and my bike rocks"

we'd have

"your bike sucks and my bike rocks and you're a dickhead"

I can do without the last part.

I tried to give you gas for the funny koolaid pic, but I have to spread some more around before I can gas you again.

• Like 1

nah, then it would all be childish crap. instead of:

"your bike sucks and my bike rocks"

we'd have

"your bike sucks and my bike rocks and you're a dickhead"

I can do without the last part.

I tried to give you gas for the funny koolaid pic, but I have to spread some more around before I can gas you again.

I hear ya. I'm guessing EVERY thread posted in TT2 would end up as a mud flinging contest and it still wouldn't run its course. Pepsi vs Coke would cause a shooting, Catholicism vs Christianity would cause nuclear winter and KTM vs Yamaha would end the universe. I guess we need to be moderated.

And thx for the gas!!!

Same thing happened to me. Couldn't give you gas 'cause I gave you too much earlier. You know, spread the love. I won't even try to give gas from this new acct for I'm sure that would be un-ethical. Still having account issues but whatever I guess.