Sign in to follow this  

D2moto footpegs

I just got a set of D2Moto oversized pegs off of fleabay. They are nothing fancy, just a wider than stock. Supposed to fit DRZs and RM250s. $19.90. I had not even considered the fact that the extra width of the new pegs would not attach in the exact same way as the stockers. Anybody mount these? If so, how did you attach the stock springs, as these did not come with replacement(offset) springs? Maybe you get what you pay for.

Thanks in advance.

Shawn

It seems to me the guy I ride w/ got a set of the $19 wide footpegs off eBay and fit them on his SM. The spring I remember didn't hook up like oem, but he finagled a way to make it work. I can find out if those are the same and get a photo of how he did it if you'd like.

That would be great. It seems that the additional width of the new peg is part of the problem(causing excessive offset in the spring) and the new pegs have a hole in the rear side for spring mounting. No way that the stock spring with the hooked end will fit up over the side (stock mounting method).

By the way, where are ya located in WV? I'm in Upshur Co. Buckhannon to be specific.

I'll holler at him. I know it's not in the hole. I'm thinking he may have had to just hook the spring over the back edge of the footpeg itself.

I wondered where you were in WV ever since I first seen you post on here. I'm in the eastern panhandle (not the northern one) in Mineral county.

I just got a set of D2Moto oversized pegs off of fleabay. They are nothing fancy, just a wider than stock. Supposed to fit DRZs and RM250s. $19.90. I had not even considered the fact that the extra width of the new pegs would not attach in the exact same way as the stockers. Anybody mount these? If so, how did you attach the stock springs, as these did not come with replacement(offset) springs? Maybe you get what you pay for.

Thanks in advance.

Shawn

I got these, the stock spring won't go in the hole. I just installed them so that the spring when tensioned pushes on the inboard side of the pedal. Its worked fine so far.

I got these, the stock spring won't go in the hole. I just installed them so that the spring when tensioned pushes on the inboard side of the pedal. Its worked fine so far.

Do you have any pics of them installed?