Sign in to follow this  

Need some help....fast

Well I got a 2008 rmz250 and I have rode it twice and raced it once and it ran flawlessly. When I wanted to ride it today I got it started and after it got all warmed up I barely twisted the throttle and it just cuts out. It starts 1st kick every time but when you give it throttle it just cuts out unless you keep twisting it and it comes out of it. I can even kill it by just twisting the throttle. I think I might take it to a local shop tomorrow but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seems like the RMZ takes A VERY VERY long time to warm up. ride it around a bit, try pushing to get started if it stalls really easy, then see if you have the same problem

I rode it for a good 15-20 mintues and as long as i keep it pinned it will run. As soon as I was about to quit I twisted the throttle and it died. Its like if I let it go back to idle like goin into a corner and quickly accerlerate coming out it will bog and sometimes die.

Have you changed any settings on your carb or riding in a different altitude? You might want to check your jets they could be set wrong for where ever your riding.

Well I havent changed anyhting in the carb and I'm riding at about 900 feet above sea level. How would I check the cdi box.

I have a 2007 and am having the identical problem. One morning it starts great but die as soon as any throttle is given. Starts back up no problem. I started it and used the idle screw to increase the revs for a while and it finally let me go riding. Next time out about 10 minutes into my ride it burbles and coughs a bit keeps going then eventually dies. I start it and the same problem, dies with throttle. Now it won't start at all.

So for I've checked the valves, pulled apart and cleaned the carb, verified I'm getting spark. I'll be doing more troubleshooting today, but if you find out anything please pass it along.

I've traced the problem to the plug cap/coil. If you want to check yours maybe you'll get the same results. If I measure the resistance between positive and the plug cap I get no resistance at all. This would imply the coil is toast. It's Sunday afternoon, so I can't replace the part and check for sure, but I'll be sourcing one tomorrow.

Not sure if you are having the same problem as I was, but check this thread and my eventual solution.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=682766

I had no idea the little AP nozzle should shoot fuel like a squirt gun into the engine. To check if its working you can take the carb out. Then reconnect the fuel line and turn the throttle cable cam like the cables would if you disconnected the cables. The slide should go up and the little brass nozzle should squirt fuel.

I had the same problem and it was water in my carb fuel bowl after washing the bike. Drain you carb by unscrewing the 17mm fuel bowl nut and try that.