Sign in to follow this  

It's hard to believe.....but, yes it is true....

I've been building and trying to get my YZ144 race bike to run and keep running for more than a race or two without having major problems. Everytime I get one thing fixed another problem pops up at the next weakest place......Well, after going through about 5 clutch baskets where the hubs get ripped out and then you can no longer kick the bike over I have come to the conclusion that the newer 05 and up baskets...just plane sux.

What I wanted to do with this thread is to beat the drum for a company that is really is top notch in every way. I bought a Hinson basket and that one screwed up too. I talked to them about it and they wanted to take a look at it and once they did, they admitted that the basket was not hardened properly and some set screws that were supposed to be there were not. Can you believe that.....A company now days that will actually admit they may have made a mistake.

There is this guy there named Tim that was just great to deal with and although it took awhile for them to get me a basket he wanted to be sure I got a brand new latest and the greatest one available. Not only did he replace the basket like he said he would he also replaced the inner boss and outter pressure plate as well. Now I have all brand new parts in the YZ and can't wait to try it out.

And to top it off I had a few questions I needed answered so I called and asked for Tim but he was at some dealer show some where. The guy asked if I would like to talk to Wayne and I said, well...I guess, I just have a couple dumb questions. A few seconds this guy came on the line and this guy talked to me like he had known me all his life and answered all my dumb questions and then some. I told him that I apreciated how helpful he had been and told him that I planed on sending his boss an e-mail telling him what a helpful and thoughtful employee he was and he just laughed and said that wouldn't be neccessary, and said thanks anyway. I didn't find out until later that he was the owner of the company. LOL

Hinson has my business from now on, not just because they make great products but because they seem to stand behind what the build and are great people to deal with. Customer service has gone by the wayside with most large companies now days but not this company.....They are #1 in my book and just thought I would tell the internet about it.

It's great to see someone giving props to a company for it's excellence in customer service. There are fewer and fewer instances when a customer is treated like the most important person by a retailer, service provider, etc. It's nice to know that there are still some of "the powers that be" that appreciate the individuals that have empowered them.

I've been building and trying to get my YZ144 race bike to run and keep running for more than a race or two without having major problems. Everytime I get one thing fixed another problem pops up at the next weakest place......Well, after going through about 5 clutch baskets where the hubs get ripped out and then you can no longer kick the bike over I have come to the conclusion that the newer 05 and up baskets...just plane sux.

What I wanted to do with this thread is to beat the drum for a company that is really is top notch in every way. I bought a Hinson basket and that one screwed up too. I talked to them about it and they wanted to take a look at it and once they did, they admitted that the basket was not hardened properly and some set screws that were supposed to be there were not. Can you believe that.....A company now days that will actually admit they may have made a mistake.

There is this guy there named Tim that was just great to deal with and although it took awhile for them to get me a basket he wanted to be sure I got a brand new latest and the greatest one available. Not only did he replace the basket like he said he would he also replaced the inner boss and outter pressure plate as well. Now I have all brand new parts in the YZ and can't wait to try it out.

And to top it off I had a few questions I needed answered so I called and asked for Tim but he was at some dealer show some where. The guy asked if I would like to talk to Wayne and I said, well...I guess, I just have a couple dumb questions. A few seconds this guy came on the line and this guy talked to me like he had known me all his life and answered all my dumb questions and then some. I told him that I apreciated how helpful he had been and told him that I planed on sending his boss an e-mail telling him what a helpful and thoughtful employee he was and he just laughed and said that wouldn't be neccessary, and said thanks anyway. I didn't find out until later that he was the owner of the company. LOL

Hinson has my business from now on, not just because they make great products but because they seem to stand behind what the build and are great people to deal with. Customer service has gone by the wayside with most large companies now days but not this company.....They are #1 in my book and just thought I would tell the internet about it.

:)🤣:D

Company's with great company service will always get my business. Take Decal Works for instance, I ordered some custom graphics from them last week. I got some rim graphics also and I ordered them with a black base and the letters in YZ blue. The guy called me today and said it probably wouldn't look good, so we talked for a while and I change it to yellow. Most company's would't even had cared enough to call me. So because of that Decal Works has my business, and partly because they sponsor me, lol.

I agree with your comments on Decal works. I'd like to add that Works connection and Dubach are awsome to deal with on the phone as well. It does have a down side for me though-I have to dial long distance because I can't use the 1-800 #s from Canada and I always end up having pretty good (but long) conversations to California when I call them :)