Sign in to follow this  

Powerupgrades for GMC dually

Have a 07 GMC dually that Im wanting to add some power upgrades to. Ive looked into the Banks stuff, but damn stuff is pricy anybody have anybody they would reccomend. I was wanting to start with a cold air unit then get a programmer, Im looking for reliable power not the most horspower . Thanks:thumbsup:

Forget the CAI BS-that's just what they are.

Your factory intake is actually more of a CAI than those marketed as such. The aftermarket stuff draws air from under the hood, which has usually been drawn through your radiator (hot) AC condensor (Hot) and trans cooler (also hot), and now resides in an engine compartment with an engine (HOT!).

The stock systems usually draw their air supply through the core support or the fender, both of which are drawn from outside (colder) air.

PS-What engine you have would be a help, too.

Ditto on all that. Dieselplace.com, Stock intake is best....If it's a diesel. And if it is, a good programmer and a turbo back exhaust is all you need.

MBRP Exhaust... good sh!t,

alot of my diesel friends with d max (if that what you have) use bully dog triple dog, or edge.

bigger or even twin turbo,

many options, but it depends on what engine you have, everything ive said is assuming you have a diesel

Yes I have the d-max and Im pulling around a 40ft weekened warrior:thumbsup: :)

if you know much about diesels, i'd reccomend EFI live for a programmer, but it requires a lot of knowlege, look it up on dieselplace.com, plus the people on there are really helpful

Forget the CAI BS-that's just what they are.

Your factory intake is actually more of a CAI than those marketed as such. The aftermarket stuff draws air from under the hood, which has usually been drawn through your radiator (hot) AC condensor (Hot) and trans cooler (also hot), and now resides in an engine compartment with an engine (HOT!).

The stock systems usually draw their air supply through the core support or the fender, both of which are drawn from outside (colder) air.

Acurate unless the after market system uses or comes with a housing similar to the factory unit that is sealed off from the engine compartment.

Bring back hood scoops or install an intake stack! :)

Go with either a PPE or EFIlive preogramming, Both will lower your EGTS if the proper tune is loaded. Increased fuel economy is also a bonus. Just don't abuse the higher levels or you will be limping your tranny.