Sign in to follow this  

new brake pads rubbing?

I just put on new brake pads and it was a really tight fit. When I spun my wheel they were rubbing against the rotor pretty bad. It seemed like it happened more on the front wheel than on the back. I haven't ridden it yet, and I was wondering what I did wrong and what I can do to correct this.:)

did you push in the caliper pistons before you stuck in the new pads. And did you get the pads properly in their spot? Double check that.

Then if it still rubs, just push the bike a bit then apply the front break and see if that loosens it up... If not put the bike on the stand and spin the front wheel while applying break clean to rotor/pads.

The pistons didn't want to move in the back, and I couldn't even reach them in the front. And yes the pads are in the right spot. They are different pads than stock, I don't think that would make a difference though...If it does, they are moose xcr pads. And what would brake cleaner do?? I already cleaned the rotors.

Oh it was slowin the bad boy down...It would stop it after one or two revolutions. I rode it around the yard and did some stoppies and slides and I forgot to check if it was still doing it.