Sign in to follow this  

why would my top end tick!!!

i checked my valves they are in spec...why else i tourqued my cam caps to 7.2 ft lbs..it still ticks:excuseme:

mine does the same thing on my 450. i replaced my timing chain and some of teh noise went away. i think u will always have some noise from the valvetrain. just make sure your valve clearance isnt excessive

mine does the same thing on my 450. i replaced my timing chain and some of teh noise went away. i think u will always have some noise from the valvetrain. just make sure your valve clearance isnt excessive

alright i appreciate it ...yea i just replaced the valves and all that goes with it including the cam chain....:)

cool, i replaced my valves with faction mx stainless steel. and kibblewhite valve springs. the noise sounds horrible but its typical. so ride on man

• Like 1

I think you pay more attention to the sounds of your motor after putting some $$$ into it. Its normal.

get a screw driver, put the blade to your cylinder head, put the plastic on your ear, and you can listen into the engine, move it around on top of where the ticking is coming from to find out.

my engine made the noise before and after rebuilding the top end, its typical cam to valve bucket tap.

mine never made any tick, with the stock 82db exhaust, you could hear them whine(hear the air noise, hard to describe)

try the screw driver, if its loudest where the buckets are, then you probably have nothing to worry about, maybe low on oil