Where The H Is 2-ply????

Thanks for the stiching info. I have used autostitch before as well as making manual panos in CS2. Im considering upgrading to CS3 and saw they have a auto - pano feature now with color correction.

Do you change your needle position mid ride or can the fuel screw handle the 6500 ft altitude (i dont know what altitude you jet for normally) I take it that the 300 comes in handy at that altitude.

Thanks for the advice 2Ply. Given I ride mostly at high elevation and have had few troubles I think I've got the carb adj's more or less figured out... although I may try moving the needle up a notch while I have it apart.

It's dawning on me now that I mixed a batch of fuel the night before and I recall I might have doubled my oil by mistake 👍 That would explain a lot of things here...

Thanks for the stiching info. I have used autostitch before as well as making manual panos in CS2.........

Do you change your needle position mid ride or can the fuel screw handle the 6500 ft altitude (i dont know what altitude you jet for normally) I take it that the 300 comes in handy at that altitude.

What is CS2? And did you look at some of the features of AutoPano at their site? Seems you can take multiple photos of an area using even different focal lengths and it can automatically find all of the related photos in any folder and arrange them in order. But it's like 99 Euros for the standard version and 199 Eruos for the advanced one.

And No, I have not needed to change the slide needle position for any of my rides up to 8,000 feet, but we have nothing higher here in Washington State that is legal to ride. I just adjust the air screw. Both of my 300's have the Kehin Carb and I find that they are more sensitive to altitude than the Delortos were, but they clean right out with up to one turn out on the screw from Sea Level.

Thanks for the advice 2Ply. Given I ride mostly at high elevation and have had few troubles I think I've got the carb adj's more or less figured out... although I may try moving the needle up a notch while I have it apart.

It's dawning on me now that I mixed a batch of fuel the night before and I recall I might have doubled my oil by mistake :worthy: That would explain a lot of things here...

:busted: Doubled? 👍 You were probably leaving a trail like a slug behind that bike.

Also, since the oil is not really a combustable component of the fuel air mix, running heavy oil can actually mean the fuel mixture is lean and can actually make the engine run hotter... or at least that's how it was explained to me. I have not done any testing to see how that plays out.

For slide adjustment, do you mean raise the CLIP on the needle? Or raise the Needle? Raising the clip will lean out the mid-range and have some affect on the idle setting too... right? For riding at the higher altitudes than at home, I raise the clip one notch to drop the needle lower in the needle jet.

:worthy: Doubled? 👍 You were probably leaving a trail like a slug behind that bike.

Also, since the oil is not really a combustable component of the fuel air mix, running heavy oil can actually mean the fuel mixture is lean and can actually make the engine run hotter... or at least that's how it was explained to me. I have not done any testing to see how that plays out.

For slide adjustment, do you mean raise the CLIP on the needle? Or raise the Needle? Raising the clip will lean out the mid-range and have some affect on the idle setting too... right? For riding at the higher altitudes than at home, I raise the clip one notch to drop the needle lower in the needle jet.

Ya, dumbass me. Things happen when you got little kids swirling around your legs while you're getting stuff ready.

I meant raise the clip so when the bike's off idle into the mid it'll run leaner. Didn't know I could raise the needle- I'll have to take a looksie. Thanks for that tidbit. And I'll follow up on that GG carb adj stuff.

Sometimes confusing, but "raising the needle" or "lowering the clip" does the same thing... Makes the mid range and transition off idle RICHER (more gas for the amount of air).

It's like referring to "Driver's Side" when people then ask, is that looking forward or rearward?? Or "turn left" without specifying from which direction you are travelling..... How many times have those terms caused confusion??

Forgot - did you get to ride your buddies Raga yet? If so, what did you think? How does he like it?

He LOVES it!!! I only rode it a few minutes to see if it needed some carb adjustments.. The pilot air screw was set rich. After that adjustment, it purred like a kitten but pounced like a Tiger..

It had a slightly different feel of the motor through the frame... Was noticeable but difficult to explain. Very easy to feel right at home on the bike, but no reason to prefer it over my 07 Raga. Both sweet bikes!!

We set it on a bathroom scale one wheel at a time and it registered about 1 pound lighter than my 07.

Thanks again for the ride Curt. It's a good thing we did it on Saturday. We weren't allowed to ride on Sunday after the Search and Rescue that evening. I almost called you after our ride to see about borrowing your bike to ride in for a rescue on Yellow Hill. We only had 1 bike at the station with a headlight (the others had the saw mounts), and 2 of us that might have needed to head in there. Everything turned out ok though. I ended up waiting at the trailhead on standby with the Search and Rescue team until 12:30am and then was let loose.

Let me know if you want to head out again some time before the snow flies. I'm ALWAYS up for a trials ride, but you know that......

Jeremy

PS, where are all the pics?