Sign in to follow this  

Oversized Tank?

I called every tank mfg today and still no tank for the 08 RMZ250! What is the deal, didn't Rodney Smith race with one.And does anyone know the avg milage of a stock tank?

Funnyu thing is that I was always afraid to go up to 40 miles. last weekend we did a ride and at the 37 mile mark, we rolled into our favorite gas station and the mutha had no gas!!!!! We had 13 miles to get back and we rode like little old ladies, took jeep trails instead of trails and ALL of us made it! a crf 250 also. I also ran out once in the sand at 40, but that was sand and on the pipe.

If you need gas, can you carry a quart on your hip? moose makes a great pouch and containerr

Motoman0

I think it is Acerbis that has a 3.0 gal tank for the 07/08's. Search motosport, i've seen it...i'm thinking it's my next upgrade soon

Mike,

Those mileages you posted are with the stock 1.8 gal tank correct ?

yes I have a stock tank. Doesnt IMS have a tank?? I should have been more clear on my last post, when I rolled into the gas station, the GAS STATION had no gas, I ended up doing 50 miles on one tank!!! like i said in the sand I ran out at 40

Yep Acerbis has one.....Forgot about them:crazy: !Thanks looks like I will be getting an 09 (no changes just BNG) to race National Enduro on now.

cool!! U could do the nationals on a stock tank with out an issue, but you may need it for someting else. I have tried a lot of off road stuff for the RMZ so if you have any questions about that or nationals, let me know. U should try to get to AZ national enduro, awesome!!!

Thanks. The plan is to hit them all. Will run Vet B or 250 B.Finised 8th last year ,missed the last 3 rounds with a broke back.