Sign in to follow this  

crfx vs. wrf 250s

my gf has an x, i have a wrf both 250's both 06's. hers smokes mine in a drag race

mod list

crfx

baffle removed

140 jet

wrf

smog removal

baffle out

50 leak jet

168 main

grey wire mod

i thought the wrf beat the crfx

mine has a top end bog, i thought becuase me mj is to big.

any thoughts?

you dont even wanna know about the race with a fmf pipe, pink wire mod, and jets.... :)

did the smog removal come with a yzf throttle stop? if not your only using 3/4 of a throttle.

and drag races only say so much about a bike anyway.

it might be a little slower but it shouldnt be getting smoked but if its bogging it may be too rich, jetting can make any bikes performance suck or rock.

thats weird. my best friend has a 06 250X, I had the 06 WR250F

mods 'X'

white brother e2, white brothers ais block off, jetted, iKat ignition, K&N

WR

Big Gun Evo X, GYT-R ais removal, jetted, iKat, ignition, K&N

my bike walked all over his, no matter what. my jetting was 175mj, standard needle position, pilot, leak etc...

if your not hitting 86mph on stock gearing, your not going as fast as the bike can go, which is about 5mph faster than the 'X'

stock on stock, the 'X' beat me every time, but not by much.

btw, the stock wrf is so bottled up from the factory, its to worst on that bike. but the X comes bottled up as well, so you should gain a bunch of power with jetting and a new exhaust no matter what.

just bring the wr250f to yz250f specs, you gain 5-6hp. the 'X' doesn't have the 'R's head or cam, so it wont make the same power as the R with just little bolt ons like the wr will

look at the jetting section at the top for reference to your specs. you can lose quit a bit of hp, like 20%, if improperly jetted

i leaned it out a bit and it scoots a bit better... changed froma 170.. to a 165. i think its still to buttoned up for a 170

i leaned it out a bit and it scoots a bit better... changed froma 170.. to a 165. i think its still to buttoned up for a 170

just get a new exhaust, like a someones used yz250f one. the WRF exhaust is way more restrictive than the CRF/X one

or if you want to blow her mind, buy a 290 kit off ebay for 450 dollars http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=yz250f+bore&_sacat=See-All-Categories

and put her to shame

I'm not sure if anyone else is going to ask but what is the weight difference between you and your gf? That will make a bigger difference than you think. Either way, your WR will last longer than the CRFX. Ever heard of Kibble Whites? :)

haha.. i weigh 50 lbs more... but i think a pipe will fix everything

No diss, but 50 lbs is alot to overcome w/ just a pipe.

However a pipe will give you more, better power and make your riding experience more enjoyable:thumbsup:

Just keep it at or below 96db.

if both your bikes weigh 250lbs ready to run, you weigh 200lbs and your girl 150lbs. given both your bikes have equal 30hp...

400lbs/30hp=13.333lbs to every 1 pony vs. 450lbs/30hp=15lbs to 1hp

if it were a car drag, both cars having 300hp engines(seems common these days), then it would be a 4000lbs car vs. a 4500 lbs car.

oh btw, the 250X is a near 10lbs lighter bike, you might weigh 50lbs more, but you are probably taller and have larger gear making it more.

haha actually... she weighs 102. i weigh 155... but its just my jetting... you know how the wr250s are. it runs good now but im gonna get a pipe... what kinda of pipe should i get, im thinking a white brothers xcr or a powercore 4. possibly a full pipe..

I say a stock yzf can, you can pick one up for cheap than throw a pmb spark arrestor on there 👍

+1, any can will make a huge improvement. Jetting specs are easy to get, and its affordable

Get a full exhaust system, and fmf megabomb/Q4 setup if you can afford it, and get the fmf powerup jet kit and jet it to match. It will do you more good to jet it to the demands of your new new pipe. Also spending a bit of time either adjusting your stock accelerator pump, or replacing it with a boyeson quickshot will give you that nice sharp crack of the throttle when you first get on it.

If you can afford that, don't get it, get either a big bore kit, or cams along with the YZF exhaust. otherwise your not maxing out your HP/$$$$ ratio.

over the yz exhaust your only going to gain 1-2hp, when thats what the cams will do as well, but the bb kit will give you much more.

my thoughts though

Get a full exhaust system, and fmf megabomb/Q4 setup if you can afford it, and get the fmf powerup jet kit and jet it to match. It will do you more good to jet it to the demands of your new new pipe. Also spending a bit of time either adjusting your stock accelerator pump, or replacing it with a boyeson quickshot will give you that nice sharp crack of the throttle when you first get on it.

have you done the gray wire mod, if so try rejetting i have an 04 wr and one of my friends has a 07 crfx 250 and i smoke him with no comparison

well just do all the free mods and get an exhaust and u can change the gears depending on where you like your power..cuz i have a 2004 wr250 with a pipe and 13/48 i believe and it screams(93mph) the only thing that i found to beat me is my brother w450 but thats it

well just do all the free mods and get an exhaust and u can change the gears depending on where you like your power..cuz i have a 2004 wr250 with a pipe and 13/48 i believe and it screams(93mph) the only thing that i found to beat me is my brother w450 but thats it

I was running that same gearing on my 06.

but for the price of a nice full exhaust, you can go with a big bore kit, and a yzf exhaust which is almost as good as the others.

stage 2 cams really make that bike gain hp

did you "throw" the race so that your girlfriend would let you buy the exhaust? if so, let me know if this works. i would put my pride aside for one drag race in exchange for an exhaust, big bore or cams.