Sign in to follow this  

2008 suzuki rmz250 help

Well I got a 2008 rmz250 and I have rode it twice and raced it once and it ran flawlessly. When I wanted to ride it today I got it started and after it got all warmed up I barely twisted the throttle and it just cuts out. It starts 1st kick every time but when you give it throttle it just cuts out unless you keep twisting it and it comes out of it. I can even kill it by just twisting the throttle. Dont know if it has to do with jetting or not. I think I might take it to a local shop tomorrow but any help would be greatly appreciated.

My 2008 rmz does the same but when it isnt warmed up. 1 kick to start right up but if i dont let it idle an blip the throttle for acouple seconds It will cut off when i try to take off. When i first got the bike in Dec i noticed sometimes with i rode hard for lets say an hour an when i would just pull the clutch in to just stand somewhere or something it will die. It hasnt done that since i been racing alot more often. Is it new new? Do you notice when your warming up the bike or go to take off hard when the bike isnt warmed up good i guess you try to get on the throttle you'll bog ????

Well its brand new and I havent touched anything on it except for oil. It seems like it only does it when I let completly off the throttle and get back on the throttle quickly. So whats everyones jetting specs in these bikes?

i think you just need to break it in. i was told theres no need to mess with jetting on a bike thats 100% stock.