Sign in to follow this  

2008 TE610 - Range after low fuel light?

I was out today and my low fuel came on. Naturally it was about 15 seconds after getting on the highway when I was previously right at a gas station! :)

"I wonder how far I've got?" I made it 10 miles to the gas station, where I put 2.56 gallons in. (Yes, the manual says 1.9 gallons capacity... oh well.)

Also, the bike is sweet at 70 mph. First time I've ever been that fast. :D

So, does anyone else have a "I went X far with the fuel light on?" report?

Cheers,

Anders

I had my light come on and went another 20km or so after that. When I put in the gas I think there was still about 2 to 2.5L left in the tank. The distance I went before the light came on was about 150 km so I'm sure I can get 180km out of a tank until its dry.

:)

Well you PAID for 2.56 but I'm not sure that much can fit in a 1.9 gallon tank. Go back with a 2 gal (or 5 gal) container and see what it says when you fill them. If they're cheating that's pretty major.

:)

Well you PAID for 2.56 but I'm not sure that much can fit in a 1.9 gallon tank. Go back with a 2 gal (or 5 gal) container and see what it says when you fill them. If they're cheating that's pretty major.

No kidding. Get the Agg. Commision on them quick..They are cheeting millions..

Here's what my owners manual shows:

Fuel tank capacity with reserve ........ 2.75 Imp. Gall. / 3.3 U.S. Gall.

Fuel reserve (pilot light on) ........... 3.17 Imp. Qt. / 3.8 U.S. Qt

I have put 3.25 gallons in my '08 TE610 fuel tank; carefully measured with a graduated container.

My fuel light comes on at around 130-140 miles. My TE gets 60 MPG and that calculates - 3.25 x 60 = 195 miles. The fuel-injection pick-up is not on the bottom of the tank, just 'near' the bottom, so all the fuel in the tank cannot be used. I estimate I can get about 180 miles from a tank.

So I have around 50-40 miles to go with the light blinking. Annoying but tolerable.

Glad to see you enjoying your new ride Anders!!!! I haven't ran one out yet and not sure how much reserve is the light is set for. I'd say give Amy a 1 gallon can (presumably full of fuel) and let her pace you through a good section of NC back roads, see how far ya get before you're dry and then beg Amy for the gas can :)

I have put 3.25 gallons in my '08 TE610 fuel tank; carefully measured with a graduated container.

Yeah, I think that the manual (with it's mention of carb jet sizes, etcetera) was not necessarily written with the 610 explicitly in mind. :) I'll believe your measurement, and the 50ish miles sounds great. :D

Cheers,

Anders