2008 yz250 vs 2008 ktm144sx

im 15 years old

5,7 128 lbs

im a back-mid pack c rider

and i do motocross only

i have a 06 yz250f

i hve both yami and ktm dealers close to me

ive been wantn to get a 08 yz250, i have rode a 07 rm250 i liked it but it seems like it would be hard to learn how to get all the power out of it because i know im just turned 15 and been ridn for 8 months but im planen on going pro but i think i would learn better an a two stroke but 250s seem alitl to powerfull to pin it every were.

so here is my question, is the 08 ktm144sx a good handling bike compared to 125's-250f's. and does it have more power than my 250f(how much)and if you have any thing else to say please tell me....thanks:thumbsup:

go the 144, if you've only been riding for 8 months then your a world away from being able to control a 250 at race speeds, to give you an idea, most pro's race 125's/250f's into there early 20's before stepping up to a 250/450F, you have a lot of work ahead of you if you wanna go pro.

i know but trust me i can handle a 250 at race speeds because i did.you think just because iv only been ridn for 8 months im no good....some lurn faster than others you know......know afence

i've been riding since i was two, am heavier and i'm willing to bet a lot more experianced then you are, and i can't ride a 250 to it's potential, not even close, now yu've already said you think the 250 is to powerful, that right there answer's your quetion, to be fast racing MX you need to be in complete control of the bike, i'm willing to bet not only will you have more fun on the 144, you will post outright faster lap times, and be able to do it for longer while also developing the right riding tecnique, on a 250 it will simply ware you out faster.

being 125 pounds your really to light for a 250 anyway, the top 125 riders around here are around 150 pounds and fit as athlete's.

Go for the 144, your height is good and your lighter weight will be an advantage on the start. But don't let that prevent you from working out (light on weight lifting ~ and lot's of running, biking and swimming).

Also plan on sticking with the 144 until your able to not only qualify for the A class, but actually be able to run mid pack (or better). That will force you to be a better rider.