Sign in to follow this  

worcs racing, not all it should be

So I would just like to say that sean and crew pulled a backstabing move. One of our riders one there class they gave out trophys and then after sitting around the fire sunday and monday nights they decided to dq a very good and one of the fairest rides i have ever met and then called her on tuesday and said hate to be the bear of bad news but your dq not cool. So i guess its not how fast you are on the track but how good you are in the sack.:ride::banghead: :banghead: :):D:banghead::worthy::banghead:

So I would just like to say that sean and crew pulled a backstabing move. One of our riders one there class they gave out trophys and then after sitting around the fire sunday and monday nights they decided to dq a very good and one of the fairest rides i have ever met and then called her on tuesday and said hate to be the bear of bad news but your dq not cool. So i guess its not how fast you are on the track but how good you are in the sack.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead::):D:banghead::worthy::banghead:

Anybody understand that?:ride:

So a WORCS official or club member didn't get any wang bang sweet poon tang, and because of this they DQ'd said female rider?

Is that what you're trying to say?

judging from the circumstances sounds like they did what they had to do. i may have done the same thing

A member of the worcs did not like getting beat by 1 lap and 5 min. by the that was second place so they through a fit and said she did not go through pit road when she got goggles. but there was so many people and kids running through pit she went slow around the edge and then sped up. than they gave her a trophy and said there was no protest as the rules of worcs says you have one hour to protest but that did not happen. so she left with her trophy. then they called two days later and said your dqed. you tell me if in fact that the girl that got second does not have some one on the inside.

Regardless of the typing in this post (who cares) if there was no official protest in the hour after the race that's it. That's the rules. File a formal complaint back and state the rules. Keep them honest.

Regardless of the typing in this post (who cares) if there was no official protest in the hour after the race that's it. That's the rules. File a formal complaint back and state the rules. Keep them honest.

ditto, if there was no protest by the rules, then seems unfair to the rider who got dq'd. keep it honest and they should at least give a full explanation.

WORCS seems like a good outfit and I talked to Sean for a while cuz I was debating dropping down a class and he said he would let me but if I won by 3 mionutes or more for the whole race I'd get dq'd. So maybe winning by a full lap makes them think it was sand bagging (even if it wasn't) which I know they frown upon.

But he seems like a fair dude if you talk to him.

Agreed, after the protest period is over... it's over, all results are final.

That's bullsheet :)

It is total BS but unfortunately the rules allow for this. From the WORCS rules page:

RULE INFRACTIONS/PENALTIES

E. Outside assistance anywhere other than in designated pit area. Disqualification.

Taking goggles while not in the pit could technically violate this

The referee is not limited by a protest deadline.

PROTESTS

1: THE REFEREE, WITH OR WITHOUT PROTEST, HAS THE RIGHT TO PENALIZE, FINE, DISQUALIFY, AND/OR SUSPEND ANY VEHICLE OR ENTRANT FOR VIOLATION OF ANY ASP LLC. RULES.

There is a process for appeal that shoudl be pursued:

3: Riders may appeal Referee’s decision to the Competition Committee. The Competition Committee will meet and rule on all appeals within 7 days. All Competition Committee Decision will be considered final. 3a: Riders protests may be heard by the Competition Committee at the Referee’s request.

It's a pretty lame thing to get DQ'd for but the rules do allow for it. It is exceptionally lame to DQ somebody two days after the event no matter the reason.

It's a pretty lame thing to get DQ'd for but the rules do allow for it. It is exceptionally lame to DQ somebody two days after the event no matter the reason.

especially for some goggles. :)

It is total BS but unfortunately the rules allow for this. From the WORCS rules page:

RULE INFRACTIONS/PENALTIES

E. Outside assistance anywhere other than in designated pit area. Disqualification.

Taking goggles while not in the pit could technically violate this

The referee is not limited by a protest deadline.

PROTESTS

1: THE REFEREE, WITH OR WITHOUT PROTEST, HAS THE RIGHT TO PENALIZE, FINE, DISQUALIFY, AND/OR SUSPEND ANY VEHICLE OR ENTRANT FOR VIOLATION OF ANY ASP LLC. RULES.

There is a process for appeal that shoudl be pursued:

3: Riders may appeal Referee’s decision to the Competition Committee. The Competition Committee will meet and rule on all appeals within 7 days. All Competition Committee Decision will be considered final. 3a: Riders protests may be heard by the Competition Committee at the Referee’s request.

If the referee had enough personal evidence to DQ her then he should have done it right then and there... to me, this sounds like hear say after the fact and a subsequent DQ two days later :)

If the referee had enough personal evidence to DQ her then he should have done it right then and there... to me, this sounds like hear say after the fact and a subsequent DQ two days later :)

I totally agree. That's why I suggested that an appeal be made.

Regardless of the typing in this post (who cares) if there was no official protest in the hour after the race that's it. That's the rules.

The rules say a protest must be presented on an official form with 20$ within 30 mins of the race. Then you have 7 days to appeal.

What makes this even worse is the rider has talked about quiting racing over this. I also heard she was in the pit entrance when she changed her googles the went on to win by 1 lap and five mins, look at the lap times for heavens sake.

What makes this even worse is the rider has talked about quiting racing over this.

That would be a little over dramatic.

The best way to 'get back' at them would be to kick everybody's a$$ at the next race.

Again, this really should be appealed. If there were kids running around clogging up the pits then that is a safety concern that should be taken into account. The rules specifically state that there may be no children in the pits and if that rule is not being enforced then you can't enforce other pit rules. Each pit is supposed to have a 20lb fire extinguisher on hand and I know that is not enforced. The list goes on and on.

I would fight this. Don't roll over for it, appeal it! The rules committee is required by rule to convene to discuss trhe appeal and issue a ruling within seven days. Who saw her change goggles outside the pit? Did they sign a statement?

So if she was better in the sack she wouldn't of been DQ'd?:worthy:

I think it's more of which other racer went to the officials after the fact, without perhaps a written protest and $20 within the 30 min. period :D

Said racer would have to have a lot of pull with the ref / organizer to have such a decision made after the fact.

The DQ'd racer is of the highest ethical and personal standards, her racing and riding abilities do the talking:prof: Anyone with half a brain could look at the lap times and finish results and see that this is a mute point.

The whole idea that there may have been some "tit for tat" in the DQ is, I am sure, unfounded and probably an exagerration but it sure sounds like another racer or team had a significant amount of pull with the referee to make this happen 2 days after the fact and how they get that much pull is anybody's guess :)