Sign in to follow this  

What is the best rear disc guard

I have a 2001 DRZ 400S and I have replaced the rear plastic disk guard once already. Anybody checked out the metal shark fins? Any suggestions for the best protection and fit?

How about MSR's rear shark fin??? im not sure if it will fit but msr has a universal one that says it will fit all bikes except for wr kx kfx etc. and i dont see drz on that list

i have a Devol one and it's nice. i bought the bike with it so i don't know what they cost new but it's sweet.

I'm pretty sure that only fits the SM. He's askings about an S.

I thought the "s/sm" fit the same?:)

I have had the Topar on for a couple months. It is very stout and saved my disc from a rock impact recently. Also, swapping back and forth with S and SM wheels a shark fin makes lining the caliper up easier. The disc doesn't need to slide into the plastic guard it just needs slide past the shark fin. I think there is a Topar in the classifieds.

top_05_101202.jpg

I have had the Topar on for a couple months. It is very stout and saved my disc from a rock impact recently. Also, swapping back and forth with S and SM wheels a shark fin makes lining the caliper up easier. The disc doesn't need to slide into the plastic guard it just needs slide past the shark fin. I think there is a Topar in the classifieds.

top_05_101202.jpg

That's nice looking one!:)

I've had my eye on a promoto billet one for a while now, but I have other things to spend my $40 on. :worthy::D

I thought the "s/sm" fit the same?:)

Nope, different caliper carriers and different rotor sizes. They mount differently too.

Nope, different caliper carriers and different rotor sizes. They mount differently too.

You upgraded your rear brake, right? What setup did you go with? Is you bike an S or SM?

Bummer, I planned on getting the Zeta Guard. Will the SM brakes fit on the S model bike? That's one way to use the Zeta. Plus you would have better braking.

The Scotts is trick, but its expensive!

yes it is....for this bike I got a used one in great shape from fle-bay for $80 shipped. :)