Sign in to follow this  

1971 Suzuki TS 50

Just wondering what a 1971 Suzuki TS 50 goes for these days. I have one that still runs well. It's a loud little two stroke. Pretty cool with the Speedo and all. Any idea where I can get parts for it? I'd like to get a bulb for the headlight.

I have one now and had a couple back in the 70s. Love them for the street and playing offroad.

Dwight

i saw a ad in the local newspaper that was lloking for nothing but clean old honda 90's ts50's etc etc. i bet there is a collector looking for a clean one for his collection

Just wondering what a 1971 Suzuki TS 50 goes for these days. I have one that still runs well. It's a loud little two stroke. Pretty cool with the Speedo and all. Any idea where I can get parts for it? I'd like to get a bulb for the headlight.

Loud ???????????? Get a baffle off Ebay. I saw a couple listed the other day.

UNLESS, it has the Suzuki factory hop-up pipe. They are extremely loud. No silencer just a stinger. I had one back in the 70s. Looking for one now. I used to make silencers from beer cans. LOL.

Dwight :)

I LOVE tuned 2-stroke expansion-chamber exhausts that have ZERO silencers and just a "Stinger" tip.

If it doesn't ADD to power, it is just DEAD weight on a racing machine.

They not only do no good for performance (some cause LESS loss than others), they add weight.

One of my favorites was the old Suzuki TM400 Cyclone "Widowmaker"; no sissy silencer on that one; just an UNCOMPROMISED, un-muffled, tuned expansion chamber on a screamin' 2-stroke.

Now That's MUSIC to my ears.

"If it's too loud, YOU are too OLD"

"Don't like how loud my bike is ? Shaddap !! When I want your opinion, I'll GIVE IT to YOO !" :)