Sign in to follow this  

2009 KX250F or 450F?

I just traded my 2006 KX250 2 stroke for an RM-Z250.. however I want to go back to the green, my luck with suzuki isn't that great. I am about the size of Ricky Carmichael to give an idea... 5'6 175 lbs.... I have ridden a 450F my best friend has a YZ450F and I am definately able to use more power from a 250F. plus it being lighter it's easier to learn to whip, scrub, etc. . .

However I can certainly fly on a 450...

I am about to trade in for a 2009 model, obviously equal trade on the 450F is a better deal plus i get the satisfaction of having the big bike and fuel injection [ the atmosphere in Tennessee constantly seems to change from wet to dry.. so jetting doesnt alwaysrun great and im not one to change it every time i ride]

So do i go for the better deal and the FI or do I go with the 250F because I can push harder?

again i am capable on both bikes

Thats gonna take some real thought because the efi is in its virgin year. Im leaning twords suggesting the 450 but you must know that 250 is gonna give you all kinds of juice. The 250 maybe a little more maintanace. If your kicking the 250 around with a little more seat time you will feel the same on the 450 imo. Hope you get what you want soon.

yea i think so too.. just kinda worried... the EFI deal suzuki got great reviews last year, no problems with it... it was their crankcases that went kapooey