Sign in to follow this  

My New(ish) Bike [Lots of Pictures]

After moving up from 85's about a year or so ago my little brother sort of lost interest in MX. My dad got this bike for him on his 15th birthday and now a year later probably only has about 15 hours on it himself. Decided he doesn't want to ride anymore and now I'm switching over from my 2006 YZ250F to this. Put the stock red plastics back on tonight. Getting my numbers, a new seat cover, and graphics from Throttle Jockey as soon as I can. Tell me what you think:

100_0452.jpg

100_0453.jpg

100_0454.jpg

100_0456.jpg

Honda Sandwhich:

100_0461.jpg

After moving up from 85's about a year or so ago my little brother sort of lost interest in MX. My dad got this bike for him on his 15th birthday and now a year later probably only has about 15 hours on it himself. Decided he doesn't want to ride anymore and now I'm switching over from my 2006 YZ250F to this. Put the stock red plastics back on tonight. Getting my numbers, a new seat cover, and graphics from Throttle Jockey as soon as I can. Tell me what you think:

100_0452.jpg

100_0453.jpg

100_0454.jpg

100_0456.jpg

Honda Sandwhich:

100_0461.jpg

Nice :)

Sweeet bike, looks like he already had some work put into it. What'd it look like before you tossed those stock plastics on?

100_0222.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of black bikes. It was nice looking that way, just not my style. Probably the best part of the whole deal was my dad had gotten the suspension revalved and resprung at a very good local shop about a month back and I'm so close to my brother's size it actually translated perfectly.

We picked the pipes up used for $300 from a local pro. He said they were used mainly on his practice bike and had 1 race on them on his race bike. There is about a 1/4 in. crack on the left end cap, but nothing major. Repacked them once we got them and they were good to go. It's really amazing how much they opened that bike up. Got a healthy boost to the entire powerband.

And yea, I'm getting a new seat cover from Throttle Jockey pretty soon. The current one came with the One Ind. Bailey kit and it just didn't really fit the seat too well, hence the 2 little parts where it isn't tight to the seat. Also, it's hard to tell from the pictures but the seat is a little darker red than the bike.

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Well hey since your riding that Honda now, I'll take the Yami off your hands so when your valves go you have more room to work on it in there. Won't have no Honda sandwich anymore :D:)

But no it's pretty nice. I do like that yamaha better though....:worthy: