Sign in to follow this  

Need Guide for GPNF Memorial Weekend

I've been going up to Packwood now for about 3 years and have yet to go ride the GPNF. Since I can't seem to get any of my buddies to come down and ride, I'm going to need a riding buddy who knows the lay of the land. I'm only going to be able to day trip it (since we have family and friends visiting and staying with us and I don't want to dog everyone for the weekend), so I was thinking either Saturday or Sunday. I'm not plated so I don't know how much that will limit me either.:) I can ride a fair pace (not blazing fast or anything (most of my friends are faster)), but well enough to not be an irritant. So if anyone doesn't mind me tagging along, I'd sure appreciate it!:D

I live in Packwood and am always looking for someone to ride with. I ride a 07 DR 650 mostly on forest roads. I know the forest roads around Packwood well.

I live in Packwood and am always looking for someone to ride with. I ride a 07 DR 650 mostly on forest roads. I know the forest roads around Packwood well.

I'd love to hook up and do some FS stuff! I'll have the 650L with me as well. That was what I originally bought the "pig" for! I'm still looking to single track it on the 450 for that weekend though. PM me anyway, I'm up at least once a month and have yet to explore a thing! I'm sure I could pull the ol' "Honey, I'm going to the store!' routine.:)

Okay! So is anyone going to be doing the GPNF from the NW side for Labor Day? I promise to laugh at all your riding party's jokes, bring the beer, and change any flats. Or, I'll keep my mouth shut, ride 1 minute behind everyone, and take my breaks 50 yards away. Oh yeah, and still bring the beer.👍 (For the love of god, I'm actually begging people to ride with me. I'm a pathetic soul.:worthy: )

OH YES! I JUST REALIZED THAT THE POST READS MEMORIAL WEEKEND. I ACTUALLY GET IRRITATED WHEN PEOPLE CANT GET THOSE TWO WEEKENDS STRAIGHT! I MEANT LABOR DAY WEEKEND!

I'd love to go on my plated bike but I'm not quite sure how it would turn out.

My Harley's only been off road twice. 👍

I'd love to go on my plated bike but I'm not quite sure how it would turn out.

My Harley's only been off road twice. 👍

Hey Scott! I thought the XR was a pig off-road. That heritage should have the power to overcome though.:worthy: