Sign in to follow this  

Planning to buy a 01 KLX300

36 mikuni carb, cycra handguards, baja designs dualsport kit, comfy aftermarket seat, team green graphics kit and WER damper

Its also plated. $2300 obo that he stated, but i don't think its really 2300. Is this worth it?

Anything i should watch out for or need to know about the KLX300?

This would be my first dirt bike, and i was sorta interested in MOTARDING it since its plated. any ideas or where i should start or look

online for parts?

36 mikuni carb, cycra handguards, baja designs dualsport kit, comfy aftermarket seat, team green graphics kit and WER damper

Its also plated. $2300 obo that he stated, but i don't think its really 2300. Is this worth it?

Anything i should watch out for or need to know about the KLX300?

This would be my first dirt bike, and i was sorta interested in MOTARDING it since its plated. any ideas or where i should start or look

online for parts?

If it's in CA, plated and legal, and in even semi decent condition, it's easily worth it. A CA plated dirtbike is worth at least 1k more than a non-plated bike of similar vintage and condition.

Ask about the valves and see if it starts easy. If it does, the valves are most likely OK. If it's hard starting, the valves may be going. Check the air filter for cleanliness and the oil color. That will give you a good idea if it's been well maintained. Good luck. I love my '01!!

Search the forum for idler gear issues as well... don't let an idler issue scare you away from buyin that awesome sounding bike (wish mine was plated and had a damper) but just know it may need some attention as well.