Sign in to follow this  

2005 or 2006 TC450 HELP!!

A TC450...not sure of 05 or 06. Has electric start which makes me think its an 05, however it is Red White and Grey, (came only in 06) Has an Ohlin Shock (only in 06) and Frame is not silver but more of a charcoal. Front fork should be 50mm for 06 but no caliper to measure. Front fork shrouds have 2 bolts that face you and one on the side. I believe that 50's have three bolts that courve around the shroud. Exhaust looks like those that come on only 05, no cone on the end like in 06. Rear swingarm does not have blue decal like 05's had because bike only came in blue and yellow.

Cant read VIN on head stock. Owner says 06. No title. Really confused. Where is engine stamp or additional frame stamp. Looks to new and clean to be a Frankenbike. ANY EASY WAYS TO TELL? Thanks

You've pretty much covered all the bases I can think of, shy of verifying the VIN. (10th digit 5 = 2005, 6 = 2006) It sounds like an '05 to me mainly because the darker frame color and lack of swing arm decals. Conversions to Red and White were common once the '06's came out. Maybe someone else can verify, but I thought the '05's were electric start ONLY. This would mean there's a plug where the kicker shaft should come out of the right side cover. Is this the case with this bike? If it has a kick start also, it could be an '06 with ES added but that Dark charcoal frame has me thinkin' '05.:)

After looking at the link Coffee provided it shows '05 TC's with no Kicker. Check this against the bike in question.:)

all pics of 05s show silver frames, not charcoal. Also it has ohlin rear shock was not not available only in 06? any idea where engine serial numbers are, or subframe numbers?