Sign in to follow this  

Duquette National Enduro 8-24-08

Here's a post from "Trailboss Ken" about the National Enduro next Sunday.

It's getting close now. The trail work and mileaging are wrapping up and we have defined the Tests. We may need to change things a bit when the NEPG reviews the course but, here's what I know today.

The course is just over 75 miles. This was accomplished by running some trail two directions. We plan to use two different colors and styles of arrows so that, for the last of the three legs of the event, you follow a unique arrow.

So far we have over 7.5 miles of fresh singletrack. This was accomplished by retiring some old logging roads and snowmobile trails that used to be part of the "motorcycle only" trails in the Nemadji. This implies that, when the event is over, the Nemadji will be a better place to ride. As you might imagine, we have been hiding the majority of the new singletrack by not connecting it up.

There will be 6 Tests for AA, A and B riders. The C riders will do 5 Tests. Yes, the C riders will have a long "Pause" (<-like a Reset but time passes instead of miles) out in the woods while they wait for the faster riders to come around.

We've done our best to put the Tests on singletrack and not race on twotrack or logging roads. I can't say that we were 100% successful but, I'm confident that you will like what we've done.

We've got tons of things to give away and we're raffling off a Rekluse autoclutch (Rekluse will be onsite). GoFasters will be there to provide test rides on new, hopefully 2009, GasGas bikes. They will be shuttling test riders a couple of miles from Duquette to a secret, 1 mile singletrack course. Riders get a T-shirt and a free, hot breakfast.

Our primary sponsor, Larson's Cycle, has an autograph signing event with Mike Lafferty, Russ Bobbitt and ??? on Friday starting at 2:00pm.

There is tons of information about the event on our website, so I won't repeat it here. You can also go to the NEPG or AMA websites to get National series information.

SAER: http://www.straightarrows.org/

NEPG: http://www.nationalenduro.com/Home.html

AMA: http://www.amadirectlink.com/amrace/amasports.asp

If you're a D23 Offroad Rider, this is YOUR National. Don't miss it!

Wow, this is a huge opportunity if you've never done an Enduro before! National race, see some big time off roaders, and the new format - no timekeeping. I'm psyched! Anyone else?

I can't wait!!!! We're hitting up the state fair Friday during the day and then we're going to try and make it to Larson's for the open house on the way to Duquette in the afternoon. The KTM team will be at Larson's strarting at 2:00p. I've even heard there might be another team there, but that hasn't been confirmed. If you get a chance stop by. We need to show the pro's and the factories that Minnesota loves off road riding and racing.

My oldest daughter is going to ride in womes class fo rthe first time at this race. Maybe I'll put her on minute 20 with Lafferty... then again maybe not. It would be great to get over 300 riders at this event. I thinkn there are 150 already pre entered. I know a lot of those Straight Arrows guys have been busting the butts to put a good race together.

Mr. new "B" rider,

We arrowed the course today and the new sections I rode were alot of fun and I think you will like them. We even had a little rain up there today.

Women's class! boy these kids grow up fast! or I'm just getting old.

Mr P. test rode Duane's KTM today, maybe another 250X rider on a orange bike soon. Those test rides can be expensive!:)

Did some work on the mini course today also, should be fun!

Mr. new "B" rider,

We arrowed the course today and the new sections I rode were alot of fun and I think you will like them. We even had a little rain up there today.

Women's class! boy these kids grow up fast! or I'm just getting old.

Mr P. test rode Duane's KTM today, maybe another 250X rider on a orange bike soon. Those test rides can be expensive!:)

Did some work on the mini course today also, should be fun!

I think we're both getting old! pretty soon we won't be able to keep up with our own kids on the trail. :D

Two of us are making the trip north to the race. hope it is a good one.......

Don

Two of us are making the trip north to the race. hope it is a good one.......

Don

I was last at Nemadji about 3 weeks ago, pretty dry and dusty...but I'm sure the Arrows know where to still find some mud and run us through it!