Sign in to follow this  

single ring wiseco special piston Q?

talking of vibration, has anyone run that single ring wiseco, and how does the engine vibes compare to a regular piston???

Bruce, I have one in my 250. No vibration issues. It is a lighter piston than stock in the 250 application. I remember typing the figures, but I would hate to repeat them off the top of my head. I felt it was slightly smoother than the stock piston.

what are the advantages and disadvantages of the single ring piston??

The difference in vibration was not great. It felt pretty good with the stock piston. If pinned down I would say it vibrates less with the single ring.

was it ur birthday recently RC? i could have sworn ur age said 42 last time i saw it.

was it ur birthday recently RC? i could have sworn ur age said 42 last time i saw it.

Yes, sadly it was. The "43" has a much more "senior" look than "42" did. What the heck. I long for the relief death will bring. I never did enjoy 42 much. I spent much of the year thinking I was 43 anyway.

I honestly don't no which one vibrates less but I have no problem with the vibration given off by the single ring piston. I do notice that the piston make a little more noise than the stocker while idling. the advantages to the sngle ring would be reduced friction, longer piston skirts for better wear aand sability, and a special coating to control and disperse heat on top of the piston and underneath.

Love my single ring, it has the fast reving action of a top fueler (sort of) when you crack the throttle.

Note:

this faster reving is only noticed at idle when standing still and not nearly noticed as much when actually riding.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I felt like the low end was much faster reving. Almost like unbolting my heavy flywheel. Its a good sensation. The heavy flywheel is still there and all of the advantages.

The piston is a work of art. Wait until I get my lexan cylinder.

I wish one of you guys would invent that.