Sign in to follow this  

to buy or not to buy

I am in a situation where I am ready to buy a new TE 510. I am really torn between buying a 2008 now while I know when and for how much I will get one VS. waiting for a 2009 and not being able to pay cash for it due to a unreasonable price increase. I am looking to some of the guys in the know for advice!

Thanks in advance.:D:):worthy:

do you know what the price increase is?

what is the price you can purchase an 08 version for?

I'm in the same boat..... waiting to buy an 09 TE510. I'm in SoCal so it's too hot to ride right now, but when October rolls around and if the dealers still don't have them, I'll start to get impatient.

I am in a situation where I am ready to buy a new TE 510. I am really torn between buying a 2008 now while I know when and for how much I will get one VS. waiting for a 2009 and not being able to pay cash for it due to a unreasonable price increase. I am looking to some of the guys in the know for advice!

Thanks in advance.:D:):worthy:

I would buy now and go riding, this is a great time to ride in WA. Next years bikes have a few minor changes and probably a price increase similar to ktm.

I bought my 08 TE510 in June and have been loving it since day one.

Make sure you get an Arrow kit too. One last thing is I always sleep better knowing I got an good deal and my toys are paid off. My 2 bits.

The smart money is on waiting for "the guy" who sells his late model 510 beacuse:

1) "it's too much bike for me"

2) "don't ride as much as I thought I would"

3) "need to pay kids college bill"

4) "wife says it's got to go"

I got a 06 TE 450 with 200 miles for $4000 last year. It was hard for me to wait but I'm glad I did and saved about $3000 because I was able to exercise a bit of patience. The easy answer here is wait, the hard part is execution.

Good luck

boy, waiting is the hardest part, I would love to find a lightly used 08 510 but with the small market share I think that would be a needle in a hay stack for me. I would really kick my self in the ass if the price jumps up another 1k or so. I think I may do the 08 now and not see if the grass is greener so to speak.

Thanks Guys.

Eldgen.

I would really kick my self in the ass if the price jumps up another 1k or so.

The UK Husqvarna website is showing the 09's with only a slight increase in MSRP from the 08's (approx. £200 across the board for the TE line).

I'm hoping this carries over to the US models, I can live with a few hundred dollar increase.

I'll side with tennessee thumper :

I got my 07 TE 510 in 07 with 93 miles on it for 5K. It was bone stock and the guy had owned it for 3 months. It was his first bike.

Good deals can be had if you do your home work. I think the 08's will always be known as the first year of the FI, that may not be a good thing, it may meen nothing at all. Hard to tell.

For my money I would put it on an 09 unless the 08 was a killer deal.

This assumes you are riding right now. If your not go by an 08 right now and put a smile on your face.

picked up my new 2008 te510 yesterday and rode it for 2 hours today for the first time, and wow this bike feels great i know its early days but hey, it felt great, dont really know if the 2009 is better or worth the extra cash but i got a good deal and if the first 2 hours are any thing to go by i'm going to love this bike.......just my bit!👍

picked up my new 2008 te510 yesterday and rode it for 2 hours today for the first time, and wow this bike feels great i know its early days but hey, it felt great, dont really know if the 2009 is better or worth the extra cash but i got a good deal and if the first 2 hours are any thing to go by i'm going to love this bike.......just my bit!:worthy:

Yeah actually after this post and a little more research I purchased an 08 te 510 and it should be ready tuesday to pick up. I also just bought a used set of sumo tires and wheels on supermotojunkie dot com and they will be here Thursday. I am going to finish out this summer and fall strong!!:busted:👍

I'm not sure about the 2009 but the 2008 is a great bike and you can't go wrong with it.

If you find a good deal on an 08, I'd purchase it. I would say, evaluate your needs, finances and the wait time (It's hard to be without a Husky for even a nanosecond). Then make your decision and don't look back.

Good luck.

JEF