Sign in to follow this  

Before and after pics...new fender/exhaust

Well I recently got in my packages from TT as well as baja designs. I just bought this 99 klx300 off my mom. It was her dual sport, but she also has a KTM450EXC, so this one has been sitting in the barn for a while. As you can see, it was pretty much stock. I decided to do the following:

-get rid of KLR style rear fender and switch it with a maier mx style fender.

-replace stock exhaust with pro circuit T-4(custom header on the way)

-replace stock taillight/brakelight with baja designs LED light

-replace rear blinkers with lower profile LED blinkers

-mount license plate to new fender(homemade aluminum mount, that also mounts taillight)

everything is mocked up right now, and i haven't had time to hook anything up. My stator is being rewound right now in preparation of an 8" baja designs race light/HID, so i don't have any power for the electrical. I will post some more pics in the future.

klxbeforeback.jpg

klxbeforeside.jpg

Looks very nice. Clean install. Do you have any closeup photos of how you mounted the taillight and made and mounted the license plate holder? I have what looks like that same taillight Frankensteined into the Acerbis taillight housing that came with my Baja Designs kit. I swap out my enduro fender and lights with my MX fender when I'm not needing to be "street legal" which is most of the time.

this is how i mounted the taillight/plate. i bent two separate pieces for the mount, because i ran out of the ticker aluminum. one piece has 3 bends and the other support piece only has one bend.

DSCN2017.jpg

the blinkers were made by DMP (dynamic moto power) and the part number was 60-1924A on the TT shop. i am not sure what catalog they were from though.

The rear fender was made my Maier. it is the "mx style rear fender" part number M14541GN on the TT store. http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2007/default.asp?p=680&s=2

Baja designs taillight part number is 602020. that is their part number and it is for the lens only https://www.bajadesigns.com/net/mainframe2.aspx?login=YES&category=MCYCLE

I haven't seen anything that says if it is or isn't DOT legal. All i know if that it is much better than the stock light as far as visibility and brightness goes. So as long as i feel i'm safer with it, i don't really care if it is DOT legal anyways, lol. I also had a friend stay at my house this weekend who is a police officer down south, and he didn't mention anything about it being legal or illegal. his main concern was that the 8" baja designs light up front might blind oncoming drivers if not properly adjusted. I'll try and get some shots of the LED's lit up and the new light up front.

I was just wondering where the down-turned end on the stock exhaust was purchased .........any idea ?

it may have been stroker racing??? it's been on there for years, or at least as long as i can remember. There was some stuff that she got from them a while ago, including a header(that i can not find). so maybe this was from them also?