Trailtech Vapor, changing screen contents

I have a Vapor mounted on a 2006 Suzuki DR650. I want to change the contents of screen 1. It now has MPH, the tach bar, trip odometer, clock, and ambient temp. I don't normally care about ambient temperature, but I do want to know my engine temp, which is now on screen 2. Can I get engine temp to display on screen 1 and ambient temp on screen 2?

Anybody know if this is possible?

I wanted to sort of do what you are talking about. No can do. I spoke to Trail Tech at great length, even weaseled some special codes from them, regarding 'adjustments'. The screens are not editable. Best you can do is email with a listing of how you'd like each screen and hope that enough people make the same requests and then one day perhaps, these requests will be included in a new version. Supposedly, they are working on one that is PC programmable via a USB but that is quite a ways off. And expect it to be much more expensive.

William1, thanks for the info. I got an email from Trailtech telling me that you cannot change the screens, but I find this hard to believe. The screens are set by software, that software must be modifiable. Any electrical engineers have an idea?

As with many computerized devices, often the programming is flashed to a EPROMM. To change it, you either need the source code or you need to reverse engineer it. Trail Tech is not going to give out the source code. Reverse engineering is horribly expensive to do and worthwhile only if you can sell 100's of units. I've tried to 'fix' oem electronic speedos. Trust me, in many cases, you live with it, just not worth all the time, effort and money.

Does anyone use one of these on a 2-stoke?

My buddy just got one for his 01 CR250 and we were trying to adjust the tach. It claims the bike is idling at like 5600RPM. This is with the PPS set at 2.0. If it's set at 1.0 or 0.5 the idle RPM only increases.

any help?

Does anyone use one of these on a 2-stoke?

My buddy just got one for his 01 CR250 and we were trying to adjust the tach. It claims the bike is idling at like 5600RPM. This is with the PPS set at 2.0. If it's set at 1.0 or 0.5 the idle RPM only increases.

any help?

My buddies xr250r did the same thing.

Where do you have the pickup lead hooked to?I had his hooked to the coil, undid that and wrapped it around the plug wire works fine now.?

I have a Vapor mounted on a 2006 Suzuki DR650. I want to change the contents of screen 1. It now has MPH, the tach bar, trip odometer, clock, and ambient temp. I don't normally care about ambient temperature, but I do want to know my engine temp, which is now on screen 2. Can I get engine temp to display on screen 1 and ambient temp on screen 2?

Anybody know if this is possible?

You are right I wish they had the temps switched around, somebody wasn't thinking when they designed the programming.