boots question

Just curious, everyone says to go 1-2 sizes up, I just acquired a pair thats one size up but I have roughly 1" of play as far as my foot can move up and back an inch with socks etc. is this ok. or should I resize?

thanks a lot! I can still return these and I will take your advice, thanks again!

I'm curious as to why everyone I asked, that rides said to go 1-1.5 sizes bigger????

it ccan be for there knee and shin guards or the bigger calf, or they use thick socks etc to soak up the room maybe something they will grow into?

They said because the MX socks are a lot thicker than regular socks, you have to go a size up... actually I tried wearing regular socks underneath the MX socks and it's really comfortable that way, any downfalls to that?

They said because the MX socks are a lot thicker than regular socks, you have to go a size up... actually I tried wearing regular socks underneath the MX socks and it's really comfortable that way, any downfalls to that?

the mx socks wic away sweat the regular socks will soak it up and keep it from being wicked away, sweaty stinky feet are the result some people have this problem more then others. other then the sweat factor i see no issue with it. when you tried it how did it fell might get hot to on a really hot day which will only make you sweat worse,

and come to think of it i doubled up my socks like that once on a cold snowy day in mx boots and the sweat from my feet made my feet freeze bad, since then i only use heavy wool winter socks in my boots in cold weather

i wear a size 10 etnies, and i got size 9 boots. i think theyre a little big for me. it feels like theyre gonna come off if i dangle my feet down. im getting tech 3s next, and i have no idea what size to order. im thinking a 7?

With tech 3's i wear an 11 1/2 shoe and i got 11 boots and they still have a little bit of room.

thanks again guys! I'm sending them back for a size smaller today... Glad I asked for your advice, I might've just gave it a shot and regretted it.. BTW.

other than that, these MSR MXT boots are super comfortable! I can walk around with them comfortably, doesnt even feel like they need much breaking in.

I wear an 11 in regular shoes. I bought Tech 10's in size 11 and have no room to spare. I am assuming that the Tech 10 sizes are based on the booty inside because the boots look fawking huge on the outside when I have them on. Even funnier when you see that I am only 5'8" tall. My lovely caring wife says I should attach a clown nose to the front of my helmet ?

Just curious, everyone says to go 1-2 sizes up, I just acquired a pair thats one size up but I have roughly 1" of play as far as my foot can move up and back an inch with socks etc. is this ok. or should I resize?

There is no RULE on how your boots should fit. It's how comfortable they are. Keep in mind what type of riding you do and how you ride. Have you ever hit your boot/foot on a rock and your toes hurt like hell. This can happen with boot tips that fit closer to your toes, no room for your foot to move. Some guys like a tight "no movement" fit. Go to a bike shop that carries the type of boot you bought (if you bought them via the internet) and try some on then make a decision! Some one may tell you to re-size to something smaller, you ride a bit and find that you can't handle it! It's up to you on how you want them to feel!

thanks a lot! I can still return these and I will take your advice, thanks again!

I'm curious as to why everyone I asked, that rides said to go 1-1.5 sizes bigger????

Some boots (just like some riding pants) don't correlate to any other mfgr's size.

I try boots on and buy from a local retailer (same with brain buckets). I dont' want the hassle of finding out they don't fit right and having to send them back and wait on another pair, only to find out those suck too.