Sign in to follow this  

W2R near Leavenworth WA

I curious--20 years ago I worked at a horse camp a few miles north of Leavenworth(about 5 I think), and when I would go up on the ridge above camp I could always hear dirt bikes. Anybody know what that riding area might be? Or maybe I was just hearing some guy ride in his yard:D If there is a place to ride there I'd love to go, lots of happy memories there. The camp backed up to national forest land I think.

PS, we went back to the camp a few years ago and we found a wild hippy with a huge x-files plot of sunflowers who said the place was a retreat center for the CIA and we'd get shot if we went any further(I'm not making this up :D)

It was probably not the sunflowers he was worried about :) The area you describe sounds very close to the MAD RIVER trail system.

TONY

thanks for the map!!!! that area is probably too far to hear bikes from where I was, but we did spend time at Lake Wenatchee(we sued to go to an old reastarant on the lake, Cougar Inn I think?). Looks like a great place to put on the bucket list, thanks again!!!